• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

something went bump in the night!!!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
:shock: I was woken in the middle of the night by my son screaming, apparently something had crawled over him in the night :shock: After a quick lights on investigation the culpret was discovered. Choccy the hamster had managed to break out of her cage, run across the floor climbed up the bed and was after a cuddle! :shock: Here she is the little tinker!!! :lol:
feb06026.jpg

aawwww that would have freaked me out too!! Norty hamster.. they are soo good at escaping lol :lol:

My last hamster, Manny got out and went visiting Marlon one night.
I was woken by a massive crash from the living room and when I went to investigate I found an open hamster cage minus one hamster and a closed bunny playpen minus one bunny.
It only took a second to locate Manny under the drying rail and a scared looking Marlon under the futon.
I can only assume Manny wandered into the playpen and scared Marlon so out of his wits that he vaulted over the playpen (something he's never done before or since) in fright.

can only assume Manny wandered into the playpen and scared Marlon so out of his wits that he vaulted over the playpen (something he's never done before or since) in fright.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hamsters and bunnies do not mix. I left my hammy, Poppy, on the stairs for two mins and like lightning she was down the stairs, into the living room and had cornered a scared looking Jack!! Before I could catch her she bit Jack on the tip of his nose and then legged it up the front of the sofa. Jack still looks very wary every time he walks past her cage!!

My mate being the idiot she is thought it would be funny 2 put her hamster on her buns back one night and the hamster repeatedly bit the bun - then she brought them round 2 me so i could look after them while she went away and said the bunnys got a little lump on her back can you keep an eye on it i dont know what its from

I just looked at her and said "you just told me you had the hamster on her back biting her - i give you 3 guesses as t o what the lump is"

:lol: we used to have a hamster years ago and i woke up one night to find him swinging from the bottom of the curtains (i kidd you not) , there were lovely little teeth marks along the base of them as well :roll:

gina paul said:
:lol: we used to have a hamster years ago and i woke up one night to find him swinging from the bottom of the curtains (i kidd you not) , there were lovely little teeth marks along the base of them as well :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

reminds me of when I stayed in a cottage in Scotland once - mice thundering around the floor at night, and then one ran across the bed :shock:

Ooo, I see you have a Rotastake house, same as my Harry. I'm always paranoid after cleaning the house, that I may not have connected all the tubes back properly and he'll drop out the side of the house! :lol:

My friends hamster escaped from its cage one night and although she searched everywhere she never found it. She presumed it had got stuck somewhere and died.

Imagine her surprise when 6 months later a chat with the neighbours from the house next door revealed that they had found a hamster and decided to adopt him.

Back