• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a snap happy day!

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Had a day where i`ve just kept taking photos of the furries and thought i`d show you all some. Sorry they`re not all rabbitty but hope you like them anyway.................................

822ad2d9.jpg

Sadie keeps nicking our seats on the sofa so we brought her her own one today! She loves it! :D

c0114d2e.jpg

Meet Minnie, i have her and her sister Mo. The only way i can tell them is apart is that Mo is a little bigger.

b44ac33f.jpg

Minnie again, checking out the food situation.......................

6286d9f0.jpg

This is Mo posing for the camera.
Minnie & Mo are such characters and just never seem to stop and whenever we come in the door they`re the first ones to greet you with their chirps and squeeks!

The next 2 are a bit of an ooops with a happy ending............................. Hubby was cleaning out the trio for me today and went to get some fresh bedding, forgetting that Digby was running round the garden! :shock: Fortunately, Blue, Tia & Pandora were quite pleased to meet him and invited him into their pad for a chat!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
250b987a.jpg

4afbbfcc.jpg

Su.x

aaawww great photos!! Where did you get your dog's sofa??
Wow how cute that all your bunnies got on after a chance meeting.. maybe they think he's daddy :wink: Digby is adorable, as are the little ones too of course :wink: Love the name Digby too tho.... i remember the tv program when i was a kid :lol:

Diddeen said:
aaawww great photos!! Where did you get your dog's sofa??
Wow how cute that all your bunnies got on after a chance meeting.. maybe they think he's daddy :wink: Digby is adorable, as are the little ones too of course :wink: Love the name Digby too tho.... i remember the tv program when i was a kid :lol:

Sadies sofa came from Argos for £19.99, a bargain i thought! :D Problem is she keeps losing it to the cats! :roll: :lol:

When i first got Digby i called him Tommy but as he grew he just reminded us of Digby so he had to be renamed.

Su.x

Well I've just been looking at pictures on google image search and I can't make up my mind which they are. Seeing them in person it would be easy as grebils are smaller than degus.
I'll just add baby piggies with tails to my list of possibilities. :wink:

the happy bee said:
You have degus! What are they like as pets? I've seen them but don't know that much about them apart from their name.

All i can say is " Degus are great"! :D
The first time i came across them was only back in the summer when hubby spotted them in the petshop when i was stocking up on bottles, etc........... And we just fell in love and i also felt so sorry for them as there were loads of them squashed in what i can only call a tinny little box thing! :evil:
I spent 2 wks researching into them before i decided to get some as they have quite specific needs, like any animals i suppose really, but bwanted to makesure i could provide them with what they need to be happy and healthy.
They`re diabetic type animal by nature so can`t tolerate any sugars or much protein or carbohydrates, i feed them on a mix of guinea pig and chinchilla pellets, fresh hay, hard raw veg and they get a few peanuts once a week as a treat which they absolutely love! They have to have filtered or bottled water as they can`t cope with the chemicals in tap water.
They are prolific chewers so have a gnawing cube and have a metal based cage as they`d chew through plastic, took me ages to find a decent cage for them, here`s their cage.
bad9ef66.jpg

They have fantastic characters, really active and inquisitive but i find them still quite difficult to handle as they`re like little bars of soap! :lol: Haven`t ever bitten though and are lovely and soft.
The noises they make are great, they chirp, whistle and beep! :shock: :lol: When i first got them they kept making me jump at night cause of their fuuny little noises!
They like a daily sand bath aswell, like chinchillas
They should be kept in atleast pairs, as they can get quite depressed and even aggressive when kept alone, I`d love to get some more but all the rescues sites i`ve looked at only have boys. :( Will keep looking though.

Ooops, sorry i`ve waffled abit haven`t I! :roll: :oops:
Cutting it short, I love them! :love:

Su.x

P.S. If you look into them on the net, don`t do what i did and type in `gedus........................ Or you`ll get a Judahism conversion site! :shock: :lol:

Unless it's jewish degus you're after! :lol:
I first heard of them when I saw a pair in a pet shop a couple of years ago. I've seen them on rescue centre sites since and would love a pair one day, I want so many furries though, the list is ever growing.

Back