• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poppy lump update!

poppy180

Warren Scout
Hi!

thank you all for your concern, took her to the vets today in her carrier which she loves so much when shes running around teh lounge!

Think she was abit spooked by the barking dogs in the waiting room :shock:

Explained to the vet about the lump, and asked if he could check her and check her teeth for me. Unfortunatly she wasn't having any of it and he had a battle to keep hold of her!!

As she was lying down the lump couldnt really be seen but he had a good feel round her head and neck, and i felt her while he was holding her and all it felt like was skin and fur.

We discussed the spaying, and im going to get her in next week for it (end of) he said he would give her a good check over while she was under and make sure everything was ok with her mouth.

I felt abit paranoid for taking her in but thought it was best to!! :?

Her poos have cleared up, just started tiny amounts of dry back in her diet - but no more weetabix!!

Funny thing was when i got her back home she was abit wet from her water bottle (id put it on her box for the car journey) so i cuddled her for AGES (well 10 mins) which is ages for poppy! And dried her with a towel!

Think this new tolarance of cuddles may have been due to her being abit scared still but I'm claiming it as a victory cuddle!!! :lol:

going to still post her lump picture up although it shows her lump I'ts a great picture! Sure she will have no problem attracting a boyfriend!! :lol:

thanks again for your help

Lump002.jpg

Back