• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storage bins

Karly

Banned
Anyone know where I could get some decent (but cheap!) storage bins/boxes for food? Right now I have a collection of the big metal tins you get free with dog food (the bonus of having worked in pet shops!) but I'd ideally like something that stacks upwards so it would take up less space in the shed when it's done. It would need to be sealable and fairly sturdy so the buns couldn't break in, and hold as much food as possible as I buy in bulk. Failing that, I could keep the big tins up in the loft storage bit in the shed and fill up the smaller storage bits once they're empty. It'd need to have about 5 different compartments at least, as that's as many different foods as I need to store! An extra compartment or two would be good for holding treats, etc.
I'm thinking something similar to the sliding drawer units you can get, but the only ones I have seen are open topped boxes, and I had a nightmare when I used one of these and one bag of food I bought had mealmoth - had to chuck the whole lot away :? Can also see the buns finding any way they can to get in and pig out!

How about argos? they have a good storage section. I often find those clearance shops have nice selection of bins

Vera

Back