• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Won't use ramp in hutch!

BlackCat

Warren Scout
Does anyone have any ideas? I have got my little pair of Nethies, age 3 and age 6, a two layered hutch but they just WON'T go upstairs!

I've tried showing it to them, I've tried putting them at the top so they had to go down (they went down and didn't come back up) and then last night I tried putting their hay part way up the ramp and they haven't even touched it... but they could reach it if they stood on their back legs! I don't get it... it isn't like they aren't used to *doing stuff*.. just yesterday they were binkying in their run and trying to climb *everything*...

Nuh!!! What now? Swap them into another hutch I guess :lol:

Hiya, yes we had this problem with the smaller breed bunnies.
We took the ramps out and replaced them with hop down/ up shelves instead...just fix a long shelf horizontally under the hop up hole, and the bunnies seem to feel more secure using that.
You can always add a second smaller hop up onto the main shelf for smaller bunnies :)
Hope this makes sense, difficult to describe without using a picture :roll:
Best wishes
PS None of our bunnies use ramps these days, we always replace with shelves now, they much prefer it.

Yes, I see what you mean. I'll make that this weekend's job.. or rather I'll make that the ohs job :p

Thanks! :)

BlackCat said:
Yes, I see what you mean. I'll make that this weekend's job.. or rather I'll make that the ohs job :p

Thanks! :)

aaawwww you are very welcome :)
I apologise to your OH in advance for giving him an extra job to do at the weekend though... :oops: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please let us know how the little bunnies get on with their new set up.
Best wishes

He's getting used to doing everything for me... I used to do all the DIY stuff myself but I can't crouch down/bend my knee at the moment as a result of snowboarding (oops :oops:) so he has to work extra hard :lol:

At least I can get myself in and out of the shower now... THAT was embarrasing! :oops:

We had the same problem - solved it by enclosing the ramp - put a side on it so they didn't think thy were going to fall off - makes a great tunnel for them too! :lol:

We've just covered Squidgy's ramp with some non-slip matting. He's fine on it now.

Back