• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can't find a decent vet in Leeds

jay

Mama Doe
Jack needs to go for the "chop" :shock: but I'm very nervous about it and have been putting it off for ages.

The last vet I took him too (for a health check when I first got him) was really abrupt and a bit rough with him - he very timid and shy as I'd just got him and hid shivering in a corner when we got home
:(

When I asked about having him netuered the receptionist didn't even know the price so they can't do it very often and there is no way I'm going back there.

Can any recommend me a good vet - I live in leeds? Am I being a big wuss about this? I feel so protective of Jack. :?

jay, what side of leeds do you live?

if its the harrogate side you should really consider coming to see frances harcourtt-brown.

i know its about a 30 minute drive from here to the shops there or is that too long a drive?

there is no other vet that comes more highly recommended :wink:

sure the addy and no are:

30, Crab Lane, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 3BE
01423 508945

ask to book in with frances.

Hi,

I live in Leeds and completely trust my vet. They have neutered 15 rabbits for us without any problems. They have 3 practises in Leeds but we use the one near where we used to live (just because we know nearly everyone there and they are lovely). It in Chapletown.

If you want details - let me know.

Thanks

Back