• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

food bowl for head tilt

kt_baby9

New Kit
as you may know my rabbit has recently developed a head tilt. he's doing well and eating/drinking on his own but the only problem is when he tries to eat he has to reach to the other side of the food bowl so the food is at the right angle for him to eat which usually ends up with him standing on the side of the food bowl and tipping it over, then he can't eat at all! i have seen a bowl which you attach to the wires of the cage and you can tilt it to wherever you want but i stupidly didn't save the page and now i can't find it! :oops: has anyone seen it too? any ideas?

thanx

Put the food in with his hay so he has to look for it, it gives him something fun to do, rabbits don't necessarily have to eat from a bowl.

If you look in the cat section of a petshop you might've find some shallower dishes that are suitable? I got one for my chinchillas after one had his leg amputated as at first his balance wasn't great and a shallow dish made it easier for him. I also have another one for my bun Mary when he lost his appetite and it seemed to encourage him more if he didn't have to lean over a big bowl (he's a Nethie so only tiny himself)
The edge of them is only a couple of cm high so they don't really have to stretch their necks over them or anything

Back