• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you feed your rabbits

minimadmum

New Kit
Hi All,
I just wondering what you all feed your rabbits. I have been buying Russle Rabbit but now with so many bunnies I have got through a sack in 2 weeks. As you can imagine it is quite expensive. I was just wondering what everyone else feeds their rabbits. I have an animal feed shop near by so should hopefully be able to get hold of most things. I have read that Allen and page pellets are good mixed with oats. Any advice will be greatly recieved.
Tanya xxx

I feed mine on Allen and Page Natural rabbit pellets... they only have a small amount of them each evening in their treat ball. Unless your rabbits are particularly underweight i wouldnt personally suggest giving them oats with the pellets... the pellets and hay would be sufficient

science selective, timothy hay, orchard grass, and veg ( spring greens, brocolli, savoy cabbage, kale, small amounts of apple and carrot, spinich, watercress. rocket, brussel sprouts, herbs)

sparklefairy said:
science selective, timothy hay, orchard grass, and veg ( spring greens, brocolli, savoy cabbage, kale, small amounts of apple and carrot, spinich, watercress. rocket, brussel sprouts, herbs)

Smudge has pretty much the same :lol: He has his pellets in his treat ball. Make him work for his food. :lol:

Melndan said:
sparklefairy said:

Smudge has pretty much the same :lol: He has his pellets in his treat ball. Make him work for his food. :lol:

I tried the treatball, but storm can somehow pick it up and shake all the treats out! :shock: :lol: he also has a bounceback treat feeder, but he picks that up and throws it untill it falls in half! :? :lol:

Mine eat Allen and page,excell and another one cant rememeber what its called,along side hay,and vegs they are good rabbits and are not fussy luckly :D

[quote="sparklefairy
he also has a bounceback treat feeder, but he picks that up and throws it untill it falls in half! :? :lol:[/quote]

:lol: maple did that too, i was quite disturbed that she could be so aggressive to a plastic rabbit, it says a lot about her attitude to other rabbits :? :roll:

poppy has pets at home rabbit museli, hay and broccilli but im still trying to get the ratios right :?

thinking of ordering in some Timothy Hay for her!!

I use the A&P natural pellets. They are great. They eat them up and seem to stay very healthy. I use nearly a sack a week :roll: So it is a good thing they are cheap, although that is not why I bought them in the first place.

my rabbit only has fresh veg and hay - i dont feed him any of the rabbit mix or pellets, they dont need them!

Back