• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any info or web links about lops? ive nevr had one b4

sxfe_121

Warren Scout
ive got a new bunny and i suspect shes a dwarf lop...but i really cudnt be sure..shes only 10 weeks..and her ears hvnt lopped..they r just really big and floppy right now..the end of her ears wilt lol!..id say shes broken speckles..but any web links or info wud be gr8...id like to no more

Theres not much on the web that i can find but i breed dwarf lops and can tell you a bit. There one of the friendlist rabbit breeds shouldnt go over 4 and a half pounds in weight. Handle your rabbit often and he should turn into a teddy bear :lol: Once they get to adult they are normaly very laid back bunnies. Were did you get him? because his ears should have loped a while ago, not that it matters with a pet because youll love him no mater what. :lol: val

The only other thing about lops in general is that they can be genetically predisposed to dental problems - because they have been bred to have shorter, flatter faces than "normal". It's not true of all lops but you will certainly have to encourage Paris to eat lots of hay/grass (keep trying different types of hay if she won't eat one type, preferably Timothy hay if she will eat it) as the hay encourages the grinding action which wears the teeth down.

Make sure you check her front teeth regularly - get her used to it while she is young and it should be easier to do once she grows up - and watch out for problems like change in appetite/weeping eyes/grinding teeth, as these could all be early signs of dental issues which will need to be seen to by a vet ASAP.

My two are dwarf lops as was Quinn - i havent had them that long but none of them have shown any agression at all they are lovelly little buns

her ears are really big and wilted at the ends lol..i find them very very cute wen she runs around! or shes eating grass and they hang over her face lol!...she is very friendly!..just like gucci..she will run up to me in the run..and sit ther and let me pick her up..shes lovely...
plllz dont condem me..but while i was in pets at home buying bunny food...i saw her..and i had to have her..shes beatiful..and literally reminds me of a teddy..lol....ive noticed she has ever so slightly a lil crust round the hair on her eyes tht gucci never got..it might be to do with havin longer hair..its not serious..but i noticed...
ive provided them with a big tray with a small bale of hay in it..and she loves to sit in it..and just munch...lol..

My dwarf lop, Smudge is as daft as anything.

He cuddles, licks (alot), hums, and just generally a little bundle of love.I have previously had 2 buns, a dutch and a polish (i think), both does and both very grumpy, so having such a loving bun is something to new to me anc I am loving every minute of it. He is a star and I love him dearly!!!

The vet has checked his teeth and says that they are lined up pretty well, but when he is neutered on Thursday, I shall ask them to have a quick peek to make sure all is well.

yer same here..i had 2 sisters that were awfully grumpy..they wernt interested in human contact atall..theyd bite and scratch if u put ur hand in the hutch and went for u really lunged for u if u tried to take them out the run...i was scared of them..theyv scarred me a few times tsk lol...so wen i got gucci..i was surprised at how different she was..shes actually happy to sit with u..and lick me..and u can walk over her without her even so much as flinching..im not sure wht ive done differently this time..but paris my baby lop has turned out just like her too..shes into everythng..and shell even come up to me and sit on me knee lol..give me a good sniff and hop off...ur bunny looks just like mine!!..mines got light grey on her..like broken i think its called....her ears hvnt fully loppped??..not like ur bunnys..they are just floppy at the ends...and they r quite big ears? why hvnt they fully lopped?

harvey5.jpg

This is harvey my dwarf lop - this pic was taken when he was approx 4 mths old- he had one ear up and one down- one did not lop until he was about 10mths old- and even now- one still goes up from time to time.
Liz

Awwww yourlittle baby sounds sooo cute :D

I've got 6 lop eared buns (5 dwarf lops, and one french lop :) ), and I find them beautiful, friendly and lovable little characters :)

Spend loads of time with your new bun, and I'm sure she'll become very much part of the family :D

You'll have to get some piccies of both your rabbits! :D

yer id love to get some pix up..but i wdunt no where to start with gettin thm on here..ill have to find the camrah...awww ur bunny in tht pic reminds me of a persian cat..i think its the ears and the fur..gorgeous

Back