• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby corns???and Plums???

Does anyone know if its safe to give bunnys baby corns?and plums??I know theres a stone in plums would it be ok if i took the plum out??Not sure if these are suitable??Im trying to encourage the foster bunny to eat

I used to give my bunnies baby corns with no problems, but then I found out that they are too high in carbs and can also cause bloat :?
I did give plum to one of my bunnies once, but he had a bad tummy afterwards :( I think they are OK in moderation though. He probably just made a pig of him self.
It's probably best to stick to leafy greens. Mine love spring greens at the moment.

Baby sweetcorns are high in starch too.

But I do give my lot them once a week, just one eachas they adore them & it's in moderation so I don't feel it will cause a problem :)

I give plums when I have them but I think it's an acquired taste as they don't all like them!

Mine polished off a few corn cobs the other day with no ill results. They haven't tried baby corn as when I see it cheap the piggies get it :lol: But rabbits LOVE plums :D Mine had a fair few when they were in season and I bought some the other day as Lace needs her treats :wink:

I don't take the stones out, they are big enough for my 2 to know they aren't edible :) Mine also adore mango & I leave the stone in...Lovage once stole a WHOLE one that fell out of the fruit basket! I didn't realise until I found a ragged stone on the patio! I was all ready for some serious diarrhoea but it didn't happen, she must have a stomach of iron!! :shock:
But if you're worried just cut it out or watch while they munch :)

My old bun was a real fussy eater and had severe molar mollocassion (SP?) having to have treatment every 5 months from when he was very young. He would only eat SS pellets, white bread and dwarf corn. Believe me I tried everything to starvation. Anyway he lived a healthy 7 years. So i guess it asnt that bad for him. I was just grateful Buddy was eating something and enjoyed it so he had about 3 pieces a day for several years.

But it is supposed to be not the best food, so if your bun chomps on everything else its probably best to avoid it if poss or just little treats now and then.

Lol I have bad thought all the time about JD.........

*melts*

Im his personal stalker, in DVD form anyway! I am a JD film collector!!

Back