• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any chance of pics of your outdoor set-ups??

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I was wondering if you'd be very kind to me and put up some photos of your outdoor set-ups? Mine is under construction and I'm looking for some ideas please!! :D :lol:

1e25fda2.jpg

6da3f16e.jpg

Grand plan is that I'm going to frame the run panels in wood so that the whole thing is more easily accessible, and have the end bits openable so that I don't have to have the shed doors open when it's the bunnies turns to run round the garden. The shed that is further away will also be moved down so that it's in line with the other one. And I'm getting a piece of clear tarpaulin for over the top so it is easier to remove in great weather.

Here is mine.
They get from the hutch to the run via the catflap in the side of the hutch, which they learnt to use surprisingly quickly. It only took them about half an hour. At night they get shut in the hutch by locking the cat flap and I move the tiny hutch with no doors that is sitting in the run in front of it so foxes cant break through if they were to get into the run. The shutters on the front of the hutch get closed and padlocked at night, also to protect from foxes (I have seen loads around here) and it keeps them lovely and warm too. I will be cutting air holes into the shutters in the summer though or they would probably overheat.

Flora011.jpg

Yeah they're really cool aren't they :D

How about using Louvre doors for shutters, they will provide extra protection and cut down on the draught, but still let some light and fresh air in?

peediepixie said:
Wow, Estelle, that looks great too. What size is that shed? Its looks like a neat shed, a nice size. :D

Its 6ft wide and 2ft 7 deep. Can't remember the height but think its about 4 ft. Now that its colder they have lots of straw in it and a fleece cat igloo on the shelf :D

Would you reccommend that I have wood panelling around my run and mesh on the roof and one end or can you advise me which would be best? My run will be 5' wide x 6' long x 3.5' high, the buns will be able to access the run whenever they want from their hutch through a small 'mouse hole' shaped door... :?

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

it's 6'x9' and 3' high, with a run onto the grass for supervised use.[/img]

Rabsville

PhotobucketRville4.jpg

PhotobucketRville3.jpg

PhotobucketRville1.jpg

I was inspired by others on the forum so moved my rabs from a hutch with attahed run into this (they are now ndoors until the spring though)

Rabswood

And these are my bunny homes.

Bramble and Blossom's pad they have access to the outside via the door which is left open during day time hours.

home.jpg

bloss.jpg

The Boys live in here its an 8x6 shed they have access to the outside during the day time, via a cat flap, but are securely locked up at night time.

shed1.jpg

mmm.jpg

play1.jpg

mmmm.jpg

m5.jpg

peediepixie said:
wow, Rabswood, total bunny heaven!! :lol:

Good for living accomodation but means I have to transport them by pet carrier to the top of the garden so they can play/run around on the lawn. If I had to do it again I would go for a shed with an attached run as this would give them more outdoor area.

Rabswood

Back