• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay

honey

Alpha Buck
ok silly question but can a bunny eat too much hay?

bailey is looking very,erm, plump :oops:

he's a bit naughty and is able to jump into the hay store and loves to spend the day tunneling through it and eating it. they all have loads of hay in the sheds which is changed twice a day but bailey prefers getting right into the bail :roll: and jumps well over 3 foot to get in!

o/h reckons that because bailey can get into the hay store and does seem to eat more hay that's why he's fatter. i thought the more hay he ate the better.

who's right? could hay be making him fat?

it's meadow hay, nice stuff too :D

he has ss in the morning - just under half a bowl between three of them and in the evening two of them share a carrot, some greens or brussel tops or brocoli and some herbs.

four of the others are a lovely weight but he looks like he has no legs :? :oops:

could he be hogging all the ss? Maybe feed him seperately? I give my group of 4 theirs on 2 paper plates as they can eat it without shoving each other then, and hopefully no-one gets left out - and they can throw the plates around when they're done! :D

thanks elve :D i think i will try feeding him seperately and the plate idea is great as him and gia normally jostle each other :roll: guinea is already fed seperately as she is a really slow eater so i guess three bunnies, three seperate feedings :roll:

Back