• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh dear wot a day

Rexy bexy

Mama Doe
well cleaning out the rabbits had to be cancelled only managed one because i let opal and sky run free of the garden came out the shed from feeding rest and found sky with a masive gash down her face bleeding took her to the vets and she has had to have he face glued and stapled and she is stayin inside for a fews days so iv have to bunny sit all day to make sure she dont pull the staples out, if it dont heal then she will have to have a GA and have stitchs in

just be4 going to the vet, the picture dont look as bad as it actually was
Skysgash.jpg

Skysgash1.jpg

car car jouney hom from the vets with her fixed face
Skysfixup.jpg

Skysstapleface.jpg

Ahhhh.. Poor little thing :shock: Looks really painful..

Must have been awful for you... I'm sorry I worried you about my prob now :oops:

Hope she heals soon

Awwwwwwwwwww poor Bun :cry: Hope she mends OK without needing to have a GA. Did your Vet give antibiotics/pain relief? Jane and Buns xx

Poor ickle wabbit :cry: :cry:
What happened? Were they fighting? Or did she get caught on something?
That is a horrible wound :cry: I hope it heals well, and as quickly as possible.

ye she had 2 injections before she went to be glued and we start the antibiotics 2morra, well iv come to the conclusion that she has caught it on something she runs with mom opal but i cant see that opal had done anything to her or the other rabbits in the pens. Could of been a cat but very unlikely, opal is the boss so wot i think happens is sky was lookin at the other rabbits in the pen and opal got jelous and chased sky and perhaps cause it on the side of the pen but im not sure how is happend
opal and sky will stay apart 2night dont want opal pullin her staples out

becky

Rexy bexy said:
ye she had 2 injections before she went to be glued and we start the antibiotics 2morra, well iv come to the conclusion that she has caught it on something she runs with mom opal but i cant see that opal had done anything to her or the other rabbits in the pens. Could of been a cat but very unlikely, opal is the boss so wot i think happens is sky was lookin at the other rabbits in the pen and opal got jelous and chased sky and perhaps cause it on the side of the pen but im not sure how is happend
opal and sky will stay apart 2night dont want opal pullin her staples out

becky

Once, my rabbit had a bit of a gash on his nose. I think he got attacked by a cat or something or maybe he got caught in something. Anyway, we had to brign him to the vet and he got an injection.

:( Awwww, poorly bunny.....I could lend you Treacle, she's a v good nurse!! :D -- whenever Trav goes in for his GA's she licks him until he come's round from the moment he's brought back to her!!! ---she likes to mother him!!!

OMG Rexy how what a terrible shock for you and Skye. I hope she will mend quickly - with all the tlc she'll get from you she should be finexx

Oh my!! I wonder how she managed that one :shock:
Well, glad she is getting better! I'm sure she is loving all of the extra attention!

xxx

Back