• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

moving tummy!

brys bunnies

Young Bun
My little girl dollie has been with me for 4 weeks now and she adorable, she loves my bed and has her favourite spot where she spreads out and goes to sleep, i often just stare at her which is how i noticed her stomach move :shock: it ripples slowly in waves, there is no way she is pregnant as my boys are neutered but ive never seen it on my other buns also i can here a few gurgles now and then. Any ideas anyone???
bry

Dont think so but i had her checked over by the vets yesturday and she definatly isnt pregnant, it was my first thought aswell x

This has happened a few times with some of our buns :D It's usually the food and gases passing and it shows the gut is doing well :D
Have her checked over by a vet but I doubt that she is pregnant - as I say, we have seen this many times as it can also happen to our own tums when we are relaxing :D

i might not be right but when my bun was pregnant and she lay down i could see little movements in her tummy

I have often noticed this too with our buns. It used to worry me at first but they have never seemed uncomfortable. As Jay says I think it is just the gut moving their dinner around.

Back