• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit day!

Veronica

Mama Doe
This morning I went to the vets with Juley and George for their pre-op neutering health check.

I haven't used this vets practice before, but it's the one my local RSPCA use, so assumed it'd be good. Admittedly, I was really impressed. The vet did a really thorough check up on both boys, teeth and everything! I was also asked what I fed them and how they are housed etc.
Really good thorough vets check, very good with rabbits.

My boys are fighting fit, strong strapping boys, and they are going back tomorrow to be neutered. :D

I also took along Alfie my french lop. He has runny eyes at the moment.
Again, he got a super full health check. Front and back teeth checked, weight, breathing etc.
His teeth are fine and healthy. One of his eyes was quite red and sore (his left one), so it looks like it's conjunctivitus. He's got eye cream to put in both his eyes twice a day.

He also had a treatment of ivomec, as I had notice him shake his head a few times. The vet checked his ears, and down in the depths they are a little dirty (not overly), but the ivomec will kill any mites that might be there.

I had to apologise about his sweaty dog smell...the vet laughed, and said he does have an 'aroma' about him :oops: , soooo I decided enough was enough.......in the bath he was when I got home. Now he smells gooorgeous :D:D:D:D

I've dried him with towels and the hairdryer, and he's in the bath still now cleaning himself (he thinks he can do a better job :roll: :lol: ).

He's my big giant :D:D:D

bath1.jpg

bath2.jpg

Sooo, after spending the morning at the vets and bathing a giant rabbit, I plan to spend the afternoon muckin out the hutches :D
Through and through a rabbit day today! :D :lol:

aww isn't he cuddly - I'm having a piggie day today - nothing to do with half a pack of hobnobs I just ate to keep my strength up either - I'm on cage number 6 - only 6 more to go and I'm done (-in :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm feeling a bit like that Elve! :D

Well, I have to have Alfie out of the bath, and have it all cleaned and scrubbed out before my family gets home.
My mums really house proud, and would die if she found out I'd been bathing Alfie in the bath! What she doesn't know can't hurt her ;)

She gave me a basin to bath him in! Or either that, booking him into a dog groomers. The basin was waaaaaaaaaaay too small, and the dog groomers was expensive, plus, I prefer to bath him myself, as I know him, and I don't like him getting stressed out. :)

I'm glad he smells nice now, did you get wet!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali and Barney

wow you have had a busy day veronica... glad the vets seemed good.. sounds like they were very thorough. Alfie doesnt look too impressed with the bath :lol: but glad he smells better now :D

Back