• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh?

Is carefresh bedding ok for rabbits? I use it for my hamster and can buy huge bags for a small price so I was wondering , can I use it for a rabbit? :?:

I ADORE Carefresh! It absorbs the urine and the odor, and it's reasonably soft and enjoyable for Chomper to use as bedding. It's also recycled material so it's environmentally friendly. It's GREAT stuff!

where do you get it in large bags from (and how big?) all the shops near me only woodshavings or when they do stock carefresh they only sell it in tiny bags :(

its fine but I think too expensive, I buy it to use when mine have been spayed or castrated so that it is soft on their sutures, but its too much for everyday use

Yes I do live in the us and can get HUGE bags VERY cheaply.

oooh how did you know i live in the US are you a stalker? :shock: Just kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:

bymelproductions said:
Yes I do live in the us and can get HUGE bags VERY cheaply.

oooh how did you know i live in the US are you a stalker? :shock: Just kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: Oh no, you found out!
Actually I looked into finding some big bags before and only found it in the US so I assumed you were, and checked your past posts and you'd said so :p

I, too, live in the US. I pay about $17 for 50 liters of the Carefresh bedding, and I go through that amount in give or take two months. Because my bun uses her litter tray most of the time, I don't have to totally clean her entire cage each week, which is the main reason for the bag lasting for that amount of time.

I looked online and was only able to find 10 liter bags for those of you in the UK. Leave it to us Americans to ridiculously oversize everything...

Back