• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another newbie - hello from Southampton!

icklesarah

Young Bun
I've been on rabbitrehome several times, but have only just discovered the forum today. Have been excitedly reading about other people's bunnies, so thought i'd introduce myself!

I live just outside Southampton with my soon-to-be-husband Ben, and our 15 month old dwarf lop bunny Toby, and 21 month old hamster, Sammie. We adopted Toby almost a year ago and he absolutely lights up our lives. He's a house-bunny and is a contender for the most loved bunny in the world - Ben and I think the world of him! He has a cage in the living room, although he's rarely in there... currently cuddled up on a duvet cover on the floor!

He has loads of human contact, so hasn't got a 'bunny partner'... i'm not sure how he'd feel about sharing his space! However, seeing photos of pairs of bunnies in here has made me wonder...!

We'd love to have more animals, but at the moment we don't have anyone to bunny/hamster-sit them when we go away, so we take them with us in the car! However, we're honeymooning in Canada in July, so unfortunately they can't come with us them... so they're having a holiday with my soon-to-be parents in law. :)

Here's our baby Toby:

beautifultobes8ic.jpg

5879075_ec6329e164.jpg

and here's Sammie:

samsam6mb.jpg

Hello and welcome :wave:
Toby is gorgeous and looks very loved!! For some reason I cant see the picture of sammie though, maybe its just my computer :roll:

Well, I can't wait to hear more from you!!!

xxx

elo im jane and i come from portsmouth lol! so its ryt near u nearly lol!! welcome to the syt and i hope u enjoy ya stay!!

Hi lovely photos!! You've come to a very welcoming and lovely site of bunny owners.
I'm live on the otherside of Southampton Water :) So many "locals" on here :lol:

aww, thanks for being so welcoming :)

oooh, so many locals here! we've only lived in southampton for a year and bit, so haven't met too many people yet. if anyone needs a bunny-sitter around soton then i'd love to help if i can.

i've trapped a nerve in my back so it's been too painful to sit at the computer for anything longer than a few minutes recently.... off to the osteopath tomorrow though, so hopefully i'll be able to have a proper surf of the forum after that. i love reading about everyone's bunnies! :)

Back