• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

O/T had a bad 24 hrs with our newest dog Benji

KazPetts

Warren Scout
Yesterday evening at about 5pm the kids accidentally left the door open and both our dogs got out. Spyke has done this before and he comes back on his own, however we have only had Benji 5 weeks now and he dosn't know the surrounding area very well at all. Spyke came back about 6.30 but Benji was still out and about. Despite looking all over for him and calling him he still didn't return and I had to admit to myself that he wasn't going to be back until at least this morning.
Morning came and I got a phone call about 9.15 to say that Benji had been found but he had been hit by 2 cars. They mustn't have been travelling very fast as he was able to walk away. When I picked him up the people that had found him showed me a nasty wound on his leg.
I took him to the vet who kept him in as he needed to x-ray the leg and take blood tests to check his internal organs. The wound on his leg hasn't gone through to the bone so he only needs a general corse of antibiotics and all his internal organs are fine but his kidneys are a little bruised. He is feeling sorry for himself and he can't go on walks until his wounds heal so that will cheese him off a bit. He has a bandage on his foot to protect the wound and we have a bottle of pain killers for him.
At least he is now home safe and warm, poor thing it was awful weather here last night, really windy and raining quite heavily. I cried most of the night last night and my eldest, who is 8 years old, heard me crying which upset her which in turn upset me.
Anyway he is home now and believe me there is no way i am letting him out of my sight.

Blimey!! :shock: :shock: Poor you, you must have been frantic with worry. Hope your doggie is soon feeling much better. Jane and Buns xx

He is moving about ok but is wimpering alot, not sure if that is because he wants cuddles or if he is in pain. He doesn't seem to be too bad at the moment pain wise but he has had a painkiller.
Thanks guys for your kind words.

im glad hes home now and safe with you
i would of been mortified if it was our dog i just couldnt imagine what you must of gone through
i remember running into a normally really busy road after our dog had escaped just shows how much our pets really mean to us

aww poor doggie, give him hugs from me. You must have been so worried but thank god he is home safe now.

Glad you got your dog home we nearly had the same thing happen altho i saw leo on the other side of the 4 lane road and as he saw me he crossed he ignored me when i yelled him 2 wait and i thought hed been killed right infront of me but by some miracle wasnt

Oh no!!! I'm not glad that he had been injured, but if he hadn't he might have never been able to return home!
I hope he feels better!!!

xxx

awww karen poor little boy!

i can't even imagine what you were going through. at least he is home safely.

i'm sure you are the rest of the family are making him comfortable.

poor you.

hugs.

he seems to be feeling a bit better this evening. He has eaten well this morning and ate his pain killer and antibiotic at the same time without even noticing it. Poor pup was very hungry though as he couldn't be fed yesterday as I took him straigt to the vet once I got him home and they kept him in for his x-ray. He had a light meal last night as instructed by the vet but the poor dog was famished this morning.
He seems brighter this evening and jumped up at me when I got in from work.
He is getting loads of cuddles but we are trying not to leave our other dog out of the cuddles too.

Yup and hugs. I made the woman who found him cry when I went to pick him up because as soon as I saw him I started crying and gave him a really big hug. He is now acting as daft and clumsy as ever.

At the moment he is insured free with the 6 weeks free that we got from the kennels, needless to say after this event we will be paying for insurance once the free insurance runs out.

Back