• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do u line ur indoor hutch with?

maryflynn

Warren Scout
I have an indoor hutch that initially i filled with newspaper on the base, then sawdust and lots of hay but noticed mitsy n coco never laid out with their legs sticking out all comfy like they do on the floor in the kitchen, so iv emptied it so its just plastic n they now lie down.

I think that must mean they prefer it but it looks all plain n boring and univiting without hay n sawdust, what do u think?

I bought some cheap bath mats (not rubber backed) and Smudge has one of those in his cage. Great when they get grubby as I just stick them in the washer.

I just put newspaper on the floor incase they wee and they seem happy with that!!! Some have a bit of vet bed too

touie said:
I just put newspaper on the floor incase they wee and they seem happy with that!!! Some have a bit of vet bed too

ditto! he has a tent to hide in with some towels to dig and sleep on

Kahlo hates having anything on the floor of her cage, so she just sleeps on the plastic :roll: or on her fiddlesticks that she's got as a shelf :shock: . She's had vetbed and newspaper, but hates both. I was considering some sort of carpet tile, as she sleeps on the carpet just outside her cage all the time!

aww my lot have starw to lay ona nd it keeps them warm but the to sisters always seem to either dig it all out into there running space or just make the whole hutch messy lol!!

Sometimes you can pick up cheap pieces of carpet from local flooring stores. Ask them if they have any old samples or small remnants they'd be willing to sell to you. You can trim them to fit inside the indoor hutch for those bunnies who prefer to be on the carpeting.

Candy has the whole works, sawdust, bedding hay, eating hay newspaper for chewing and shredded paper to snuggle up in, all a waste of time because like your bunny she moves everything to the sides and lies on the plastic floor but I cant for the life of me not put it in, just in case at some time she wants one of the things that arn't there.

Mind you, I could save myself a fortune if I didn't put it all in and maybe, just maybe be able to afford that 2 storey hutch so I could get another bunster.... that would be so good.

I've just done the whole cage with an offcut off really thick, non slip, laminate effect lino for a fiver! It looks really nice and it's so easy to keep hygienic.

If I can work out how to put photos on here, I will take a piccy of the cage and the space I have to put it in, cos I'm not sure I could adapt this one and the room it's in is my dinning room so it gets lots of use and lots of visitors.

Back