• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How much does your denatls cost?

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry just being nosey, just wondering as one of my buns have got one tomorrow. A GA and molar filing :D

'bout £30-£50 depending on what needs to be done!! That reminds me, must book MYSELF an appointment with the dentist...... :roll: Jane and Buns xx

One of my rabbits is booked in for a GA and dental investigation next week. I've been quoted about £100, depending on whether or not they have to do anything.

Wonder why my vet is soooooo expensive :?.

Anna x

JCO said:
'bout £30-£50 depending on what needs to be done!! That reminds me, must book MYSELF an appointment with the dentist...... :roll: Jane and Buns xx

bloody hell mine last one cost £150 to have molars burred and she didnt make it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gosh it could be anything, they seem to range from a lot of different prices, If I take £150 it should cover it. :D

bunnylove said:
JCO said:

bloody **** mine last one cost £150 to have molars burred and she didnt make it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Awwwww mate who was that?

JCO said:
bunnylove said:
howw comes mine is so bloody expensive then?
If it was a branch of 'Companion Care Vets' then THAT is why....... :roll: Jane and Buns xx

not really i have asked for quote from the vetenary practises from round here and most are the big companys like goodards (whom charge more than compainion, and most of the other are about the same maybe its a london thing for me

i remeber one cheeky vet chaging me £50 to test some bunnies poo when i first started keeping rabbits (which i now know as(still cant spell it mind :D ) first poos - nowq if thats not bang out of order i dont know what is! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

About £60 for Mary's molar work. But Rex and Squishy had their incisors removed as well as being neutered and it was £60 for both - Mary originally cost me £112 just to have his molars out! How prices shift and change :roll:

molar spurs, generally around £80 - £100 assuming theres no complications......

way over priced I think.

I wish I knew a good vet as local and cheaper!! but at least i know my buns are in good hands there...

thats more than any vet bill...

Blimey, I cant believe how much you all pay for dentals :shock: I use companion care and only pay £35 - £40 for a dental if its done with anaesthetic or about £7 if its done without although the last one just got a quick wiff of gass while I was holding her so he could do her molars and he only charged me £7 :D. If I have it done at the same time as a neuter I pay about £7 on top of the normal neutering cost.

Cheryl

Mine charges about £40 - Max is going for a check up tomorrow as he isn't eating as much which was the first sign that his teeth needed treatment last time. It has been nearly six months since he last had them done.

Jane

Back