• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Moulting

BlackCat said:
Don't cats shed all year, like guinea pigs? Dogs too.. darned animals! :lol:
I think they do yes,but i have noticed it more this last week or so. :roll: The vac is always out!

Haha yeah when they suddenly go *boom* and leave little cat shaped furry mats where they have been sleeping on the bed :lol: :lol:

Barney's realy bad at the moment, I was brushing him last night on the stairs, and by the time I had finished my partner had to hoover me down with the dyson, I was covered and I had a black top on :roll:. I thought he was moulting because he was indoors, maybe not the case then :wink:

Ali and Barney

:roll: i wear a lot of black - i have to be smart for work and its easy to mix black with um well black...

needless to say bump has been leaving lots of white fluff on all my clothes :shock:

I've washed mine twice today, put it in the tumble dryer, washed again and is now still on the washing line blowing in the wind, still won't come off!!! will have to remember tomorrow to brush Barney in the nude, :lol: :lol: so his fur wont stick :lol: :lol:

Ali and Barney

:idea: :idea: Easy way to get animal fluff off of clothes.... wrap some sticky tape round your hand, sticky side out, then just brush your clothes with your hand!!

My two are moulting like mad as well, black fluff in everything, cups of tea, all over our clothes, on the sofa, on the bed........everywhere!! :lol:
Nicola x

tobey has left a thick covering of fur on the carpet where he sleeps during the evening! when he moves away it's like a big fluffy cloud lol.

whenever i kiss him i come away with a fluffy face too :lol:

Jack (who, like Cat's bunny, also happens to be a Captain Jack!) suddenly started at the beginning of the week. I spent an hour with him on my lap brushing his fur...he was fast asleep after about 10mins and left a bunny shaped clear spot on my legs afterwards!

Back