• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

OMG! I FOUND SOME SURPRISES! ..update 11.2

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
Holly has had babies :shock: :shock:

What do I do????? :?

I'm totally stumped as to how as her and Sooty have not been together at all since she arrived :shock: :shock:

HELP!!

They are in the covered part of her cage so it's really difficult to see, but with the help of a torch I can see at least 3 little pinkies!

I can only assume she had them at some point today as they weren't there when I fed her this morning but have been out all day and only just got home.

I've had her since mid dec so it has got to be Sooty but I really don't understand how as they have never, to my knowledge, been together

:shock: :shock: I'm still in a state of shock

Alfie kennedy said:
OH MY GODDD!!

no idea what top do but for now - dont touch them!

I have banned the kids from the conservatory now!! I haven't touched them which is why I can't see how many there is and certainly couldn't get any photos just yet :shock:

Sue&Sooty said:
I've had her since mid dec so it has got to be Sooty but I really don't understand how as they have never, to my knowledge, been together

Have you talked to your children? I don't know how old they are but they may not of understood the conseqences of letting them 'play' together or they did and thought babies would be fun.

Tam

Ooooo-errr Sue :shock: :shock: . Go have yourself a SHERBIT!! I had a similar shock several years ago and to this day I have NO IDEA how the Doe got 'caught' as the only entire buck in the house was UPSTAIRS and she was downstairs :? :? I guess where there's a will....(or a WILLY :oops: :roll: :roll: ) there's a way. You will cope and we are all here to help. I know it is a shock and certainly not planned but.......Awwwwwww BABIES.....!! Jane and Buns xx

I think it only literally takes a couple of seconds for bunnies to mate doesn't it, so it's possible that when they've been briefly introduced even under supervision, they've had time to quickly 'do the deed'? That really must have been a shock though :shock:

Sooty HAS been neutered!! By only about 3wks ago :shock:

I don't think the kids would have put them together, my youngest is too small to handle them and I only let the older one pick Sooty up as he is so docile.

I am really going to need some help off of you all with these babies :shock:

Do I have to check for any stillborn ones? Is it ok to put my hand in her cage to get her food bowl?

what a shock when i got home

Hi sue :) You don,t have to do anything for these babies :) mum will take care of them :) just make sure that she has plenty of warm bedding & extra supplies of food :) she will only feed them for about 5 mins once a day & you probably won,t see her do it :( as long as the babes stay in the nest & are warm thats all they will need :) they will start to leave the nest at about 3 weeks old to start feeding on solid food so until then just have a quick peek at them once a day to make sure that they are alright :) keep mum occupied with some food & you shouldn,t have to much trouble :) Awwww cutey babies :wink:

You can attend to her normal needs, just don't go fiddling in her nest. At some stage tomorrow ensure that Holly is out of the way and with a plastic bag over your hand, fiddle about in her litter tray to get her smell on the bag. Then gently move the top layer of hay / fur to ensure that they all are ok. if thre are any dead ones remove them.

Janice

Back