• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dopey

helenlop2

Young Bun
I just wanted to say that we lost our beloved lop, Dopey this morning. He was just over 3 years old and had always had teeth problems, needing a dental every 3 to 6 months. Anyhow, the usual signs his teeth were bad started last week and I booked him in for a routine dental this morning.

The vet called me lunchtime and said Dopey was given his general anasethic (sp?) but then his heart stopped. There was nothing they could do and I've since picked him up so we can bury him in his favorite spot in the garden. I am devasted, I know he needed the dental and would never let him suffer but to lose him so quickly is terrible.

Dopey leaves behind a large French Lop called Thumper and to be honest, she is going to be one very lonely bunny for a while until we can face re-bonding her.
They were inseparable and very much in love. Dopey was an incredible bunny, totally lovable and such a character. He loved Riveta and currants as treats and life simply won't be the same without him. He will be very much missed!

I know I said goodbye to him this morning and I had a feeling something bad was going to happen, nothing prepares you for that call from the vet, but I wish I had one last chance to say goodbye and for him to say goodbye to Thumper.

Blinky on Dopey, love you.

XXX

Sending lots of hugs to you. I have only ever lost two bunnies (out of well over 30) under GA. It is utterly devastating. Binky free Dopey :cry: :cry: Jane and Buns xx

Awwww this has made my heart stop as my bunny Zippy is having a GA and dental tomorrow.

Binky free Dopey, have fun at the bridge.

Is this Dopey and Thumper?

Thumper053.jpg

Yes Tree ....that was Dopey on the right of the screen. It's nearly 2 weeks on and it still hasn't sunk in really. Everytime I look out or go to Thumper's hutch, I expect him to appear and it's really hard sometimes.

They touch your lives in so many ways and we will miss him forever. Thumper is coping well, eating etc but is very quiet and is demanding alot more attention from us which we are happy to give but know it's not the long-term solution. We have decided to get her spayed next month and have found a good rabbit vet to do her for us. Dreading the day but it has to be done for her sake and we can then get her a new friend.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It helps very much.

Helen xx

I,m so sorry it is always a worry when they have to go and have a GA but it's the risk we take because they would suffer and be in pain otherwise. Binky free Dopey!

Back