• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny needs to drink more!

How do I get my bun to drink more. He has a water dish but i have never seen him use it once. We did have a water bottle for him but he doesn't like those and we did have a big problem with them leaking. He has an ongoing problem with his pH levels and his calcium levels and so needs to drink as much as possible. He eats Romaine lettuce and I suppose this is where his liquid intake comes from.... any ideas for anything to up his intake??? Other fruits (no bananas or apples allowed) or veggies?

Dont be silly were all hear to ask things :D .Rabbits do vary a lot in how much water they drink.not an easy question to answere given his problems either..I was wondering perhaps if you flavered the water with something perhaps along the lines of pinapple juice just enough for him to like the taste?. val

Adele has always suggested a little bit of apple juice in water helps to encourage more drinking.

Back