• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bonding success!

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Well yesterday i finally plucked up the courage to try Digby & Angel together, they`re brother and sister but have lived seperately since they were about 12wks old, though they have always been kept in hutches next to each other and likewise when being out in their runs as i`ve always planned to bond them once neutered. But i was still apprehensive, like i am with any bonding attempt that things might go wrong, but it was instant, like long lost friends being reunited! :D
For the first few minutes they ignored each other, then Angel decided to hop over and introduce herself to Digby, otherwise known as the walking fluffball!
A quick sniff, a few thumps from Angel and the next thing i knew they were snuggled up under mum`s kitchen table grooming each other! It was soooooooooo beautiful to watch, Digby just laid there stretched flat out whilst Angel washed him from head to toe! They quite happily travelled to our new house, sat side by side in the car footwell, (well you try finding a carrier big enough for 2 adult frenchies)! :shock: :lol:
On arrival we carried them to their new abode, a shiny brand new shed and straight away they were off side by side investigating their new joint quite happily. Must admit though Pandora, who currently resides in a hutch on the shelf in the shed looked abit miffed at these 2 bl**dy great lop eared things taking over her private residence! :roll: :lol:
Heres some photos of the happy couple in their new abode...................

DSCF0052.jpg

Shed before their arrival. I know it still looks abit bare, due to me being ill i haven`t had time to get it finished but i plan to put shelves in for them to jump on and the cat basket is only temporary until hubby`s built a proper snuggle compartment for them, though at the mo they seem to have taken to the hay filled dog bed for snuggling up in.

DSCF0059.jpg

Checking out the new joint.

DSCF0064.jpg

The first supper.

DSCF0066.jpg

1st supper continued, definately no rivallry over food. :D

Overnight i think they must have had a bit of a house warming party as tis is the sight that greeted me this morning..................................
DSCF0001.jpg

And here they are having a good grooming session.
DSCF0004.jpg

They`ve spent most of the day binkying round the garden and are now safely tucked up for the night, (not having anymore parties i hope! :roll:

A very happy Su, Angel & Digby.xxxx

Well done that's great news! Do you know what the parents looked like seeings as you have one fluffball and one 'normal'?

AlisonA said:
Well done that's great news! Do you know what the parents looked like seeings as you have one fluffball and one 'normal'?

Hi Alison,
Mum and dad were both `regular` short haired frenchies but there were quite a few fluffies in the litter which means one of the parents was carrying the cashmere gene. They were my first ever frenchies, originally i just got Digby but he is such a darling that i promptly fell head over heels with the breed and just had to go back for Angel! :roll: :D
Also, thankyou very much to everyone else for your lovely comments, won`t pass them all on or knowing these 2 they`ll start getting big headed! :roll: :lol:

Su.x

Alfie kennedy said:
aww bless - they look vey happy!

What will you do with the bun on the shelf - won't he/she get jealous??

Hi,
My next mission is to attempt to try and bond Pandora (bun on shelf) with Blue and Tia, fingers crossed. Then hopefully i won`t have any loners.

Su.x

beckiboo186 said:
Aww, so cute. What breed is the fluffy bun? xxx

Hiya,
They`re both french lops, brother and sister, but apparently half the litter came out fluffy which means one of the parents was carrying the cashmere gene.

Su.x

Back