• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to rabbits

layla

New Kit
Hello,
My name is Layla and I am planning to take my mothers rabbit out of her garage and into my house as a house bunny. My mother just doesn't have time for her anymore.
She is a two year old lionhead that I named Ingrid. (the poor thing didn't even have a name before, just 'little girl rabbit'.) I have one spare room that I want to gate off so that she can be out of her cage when I am home around the house. I am planning to get her spayed, but I have to save up a bit first. Do you think I'll have trouble litter box training her before she is spayed? Eventually I would like to find her a partner from the shelter to live with so she isn't bored or lonely when I am not around.
I am an undergrad student in Northeastern United States. I am studying Political Science and womens studies, I would like to go to law school. I am also an amature photographer and artist. I live in a trailer with my partner, Nicholas, and my 11year old rescue shepard/hound mix Coltrane.
I have never had a rabbit before and I hope you guys can give me lots of advice! Thanks,
Layla

Hello!

I have a foster bunny at the minute & she was litter trained before she was spayed. :D She was spayed on Monday. :D

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find loads of help and advice here!

Would love to see pics of your pets too! :D

Hello and welcome!!! Good to see another new face from the U.S!!!!
Great job on seeing a need to rescue your mom's bunny. I'm sure she will live a much better life with you and your family.

xxx

Hello and welcome!!

You won't find a better place than this for top quality advice. I haven't been here long but have learnt loads.

Justine

Back