• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Box instead of a ramp?

My lot have a ramp that goes down to a large wooden box which doubles as a hidyhole and is about 8" off the ground :D

PS Ilove you sig - they are such beautiful bunniies :)

Mine also have a ramp that goes to a wooden box,half of the time though they just jump and don,t use the ramp :roll:

Mine have a box, I think its much better than a ramp, it takes up less space,its an extra hidey hole and they love to hop on and off it :D

Depending how far they have to drop, I'd agree a box would work just as well if not better. When the weather warms up enough for diy I'm contemplating a couple of steps rather then a ramp.

Tam

Mine have boxes - one like you are looking at for jumping onto to get onto the piggies hutch and another which I bought from Tracy (RNGPWelfare) which is longer with holes in for getting in and out of their hutch. Both here modelled by the lovely Hobo who is no longer with us.
Image08.jpg

Image06.jpg

I've thought about trying a box instead of a ramp in the buns cage, but I know Lavender will move the box and Charlie will get stuck 'upstairs'!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ooh I thought it was a good idea till you said that - of course they like moving things, or just the kick from their legs as they jump would move it unless it was really heavy.

Benny pulled his ramp down a couple of times and I was afraid he'd hurt himself if it fell on him, so when I saw him jump up there easily, I took it out - it's only and 18" jump though.

Biggest problem was getting him shut in the top part of his hutch - He learnt to hop up there for his veg but would then get so excited that he'd charge around the hutch with carrot in his mouth, doing his victory lap - and fall straight down the hole before I had chance to put the hatch back in :eek: Luckily no broken bones - He did it 3 times :roll: But then got wise and would look where he was going and go round it - might have been me shouting 'be careful!' at him too :D

I like to use boxes instead of ramps. I think they find them more natural, plus it adds space rather than takes it away.

Back