• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

O/T Millie wants to say " Good Morning"

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Millie, my beautiful maine coon just wanted to roar good morning to you all and hopes you all have a nice day, personally i think she`s planning on spending most of it sleeping!

DSCF0063.jpg

What exactly are Maine Coons? I was looking at pics of them the other day for some reason. Are they a special breed of domestic cat, or are they completely separate.

Rallybunny said:
What exactly are Maine Coons? I was looking at pics of them the other day for some reason. Are they a special breed of domestic cat, or are they completely separate.

Hi,
yes maine coons are a domestic breed of cat. They originated from Maine in america which is where the first part of the name comes from and the coon part of the name is down to the similarity between the coats of a brown tabby maine coon and a racoon and also they`re similar hunting habits. They have such long thick coats due to their naturally harsh climate of new england, america.
There are 2 characteristics that are unique to the maine coon, rather than having just a `normal` meow they actually make a very cute chirping kind of noise. Also probably due to their harsh origins they are often found curled up in the strangest positions and places. I can vouch for this and will post up some phtographic evidence.

DSCF0029.jpg

This is Millie enjoying the heat from the radiator.

04041502.jpg

This is Millie in her hammock which hangs on the top of our 4 poster

DSCF0043.jpg

Millie in her favourite place, on top of the hi-fi system!!!! :lol:

Picture082.jpg

Millie and a young Dukie on top of the kitchen cupboards!

Picture027.jpg

Millie just getting up after a sleep in the washing basket!

Maine coons are also reknowned for being highly intelligent but unfortunately Millie must have missed this bit at school as if she was one of the 7 dwarfs she`d be `Dippy`! (Sorry Millie)! :roll:
Maine Coons are also a large breed of cat and can generally reach 16 lbs in weight!

Hope this tells you a little more about the Maine Coon.
Su.x

Back