• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lucky has to go to Vets today (she has gone to the bridge)

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
Lucky came to me with her sister in October unfortunately her sister died two days after we got her while having a dental. Lucky as now had a very severe weight loss and I found a lump last night near her chest area that does seem to be attached, she has always had a touch of the snuffles while she has been with me but once she was given baytril it would clear up. She is now not eating very much and will not touch dried food at all. I am taking her to the vets tonight.
Lucky & her sister came up from Norwich from that flippin awful man that had neglected so many rabbits and a few of us on here took some in. I suppose the upside is, is that if it isn't good news then at least she has had a taste of love and affection for a few months.

Awww :( Im sorry,but you never no bunny might be ok,try not to think too down,im keeping my fingers crossed!
Some people are so cruel,that man will get his,I have great faith in karma,keep us informed of the out come,im thinking of you and your bunny x ((((((hugs)))))))

I know, one way or the other. Anyway you are 1 in front of me, if you know what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol:

My thoughts are with you - one of my bunnies (lives with my ex-husband) has spent today at the vets with pneumonia - I am waiting for his phone call to see if she has to be pts. :cry:

I have had to have Lucky PTS as things weren't good, she had abcesses and fluid in her heart and lungs. The abcesses were tracking and it looks like it had already spread to her head as her head had started to tilt. At least the poor little girl had ataste of a happy loving home for a few months.

Really sorry to read this Kay :cry: . Lucky will carry all the love and care YOU gave her as she goes to The Bridge. Sending hugs to you. Jane and Buns xx

Sorry to hear about Lucky :cry: at least she had a short period of time spent with someone to love her, she didnt get that with him :evil: Both the elderly nethies that I kept from him have already gone to the bridge :cry:

Cheryl

Back