• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blueberry

beck

Mama Doe
My beautiful Blueberry passed over the bridge this evening :cry: :cry:
She was 1yr 9 m old.
She brought us so much happiness in her short life.

I took her to the vet tonight as she wasn't walking properly, the vet was shocked, she was severly underweight, she had a painkiller, antibiotics, anti inflammitorys and fluids, also recovery to give overnight.
She passed away 1/2 hr after I returned home.

At the moment I am feeling incredibly guilty.
last time I she was weighed at the vets I was told she was a bit tubby.
Please please weigh your rabbit regularly so you don't miss weightloss.
Who would think my greedy scavanger would go like that :cry: she was fine this morning.

http://www.pixparty.com/beck/v_8551.asp

CAM0082.jpg

OMG Beck
Im so sorry :( i loved hearing about blueberry
she's such a beautifull bunny
Im thinking of you xxxx

Oh my Beck :shock:

I'm so sorry, what a shock for you

Thinking of you, sending hugs your way

Awwwwwwwwww, i`m so sorry to hear of your loss of blueberry. :cry: It must have been a terrible shock for you. Sending big hugs at this sad time.
Binky free little one........................................

Su.x

Oh No :cry: :cry: we were so shocked and upset to hear this news about your beautiful Blueberry Bunny :(
It is scary how quickly bunnies can go downhill from appearing fit and well, it is nothing you have done wrong Beck, just horrid bad luck.
Sending you much love and hugs

here if you need us.
Thinking of you
Adele, David and all the :rabbit2:

Thankyou all for your kind words. I know I haven't been on here much lately, but I know many of you will remember her.

It has all been so sudden I really don't have any words.

I have added photo and video at the top of this thread, watching the video from Sept I can see the difference in her, it was so so sudden, yesterday morning she gobbled up her pellets as usual and I left her munching hay with Brian, she went downhill so quickly they are good at hiding things.
I have all good memories, I shall add some photo's to the photo section later.
I just can't believe she's gone. She was only a baby. :cry:

So sorry to read this beck :( - what a shock for you :(

Thinking of you and your family - I remember the lovely photos of your little girl with Blueberry on the lead. I hope that Brian is OK aswell - he'll be missing his lovely big girl. Take care.

When I saw the title of this thread - I just thought 'No' - I am so sorry - I always loved seeing the photos of the gorgeous Blueberry.
It is amazing how fast they can go downhill - please don't feel guilty.

Really sorry to read about Blueberry. Don't blame yourself, just dam bad luck and it totally sucks - been there myself. Thinking of you. Run free at the Bridge Blueberry.

Beck, dear, she will be running free with Charlie now.....Charlie died in September 04 and I cannot help but wonder why he went downhill, he lost weight in spite of my efforts to fatten him up, there was something wrong somewhere but...like Blueberry, he just went, like that in the twinkling of an eye! You tend to feel remorse but if you really look at it objectively, you only ever did the best for your animals! :wink:

Binky free little Blueberry, go find Charlie bun and all the other lovely Bridge Babies.....

Beck- this is the exact same thing that happened to Daisy, except fourtunatly Daisy is still with me today. Daisy was a rather tubby bun, like you said blueberry was, so I wasn't ever conserned about her weight. Over time, I guess she lost so much weight that one day she couldn't walk. I found her flopped out and she couldn't move at all. I felt sooo guilty. I asked myself, "How didn't I realize such a severe weight loss?". When I told my vet what I thought, she said since we are around these animals everyday, the weight loss is less noticable.

Trust me, you are not a bad bunny mummy for not noticing her weightloss. I did it, and I'm sure others do to. Dont blame yourself.

Sending lots of good vibes and (((((((HUGS))))))))

Rest in peace Blueberry, Binky free xxx

xxx

Back