• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Are you up for it?

animus

Mama Doe
Does someone fancy putting a litter training article in the reference section?
I've been having some problems recently and thought that other/new bunny lovers would appreciate it.
Just some general guidelines?

trouble is it all goes to pot when you start getting more bunnies - Benny was immaculate till I got the girls :roll:

elve said:
trouble is it all goes to pot when you start getting more bunnies - Benny was immaculate till I got the girls :roll:

Mine too! My two boys were fantastic til I added girls. I had to start from scratch. Then when I moved house, it all went to pot again!

elve said:

Yep! Not a hope, every bun i have had that has been litter trained has been excelent until i've introduced another bun!

Do not tell me things like that! I'll never convince my O/H if he thinks there are going to be bunnycurrants all over the place!

just whisper 3 little words in his ear - 'Glade scented candles'...and buy him a pair of slippers :lol:

That 'Oust' airfreshner seems to cope well with bunny smells and also I get something from Pets at Home called Cage Fresh Granules made by Beaphar, that I sprinkle in her litter tray under the sawdust and in her toilet corner in her cage and it's really good. If I run out I do notice a difference, so it works.

racheyrabbit said:
I think he could cope with the currants (eventually!), but he's very anti bunny-wee on the carpet!
Men :roll: They are just Sooooo UNREASONABLE!! :wink: :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

Should have read this before I got Lexy!!!!!!!
See my thread on litter training!!!!!
Although Ivan still uses the litter tray so hoping he wont regress :)
Lea :)

Back