• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well what a weekend! Piccies att'd!

*Red*

Mama Doe
Well, after spending Saturday AND Sunday at the farm, I thought I’d share the first piccies of the buns I’m fostering for Carol (Bunny Land). I think you’ll agree they’re all lovely and I’m so happy they’re one step nearer to loving homes. Carol, you are a very lucky bunny mummy to be!!! :D :D :D :D

Apologies in advance for the cr*p quality, it was quite late by the time I'd charged the camera last night and they didn't like the flash much so I just took a couple quickly!

Firstly this is Bella, now “Ebony”. I took her in with a view that hopefully I’ll be allowed to keep her. She’s only a baby and so tiny and timid and I couldn’t bear to think of her growing up in a place like that.

This is her 36” x 18” cage indoors until there’s either room outside for her, or she’s bonded with Bramble, my boy neutered bunster. It’s not huge I know.. but it’s better than what she was in and she’s been coming out for exercise.

Ebony.jpg

I think Bramble is in love as he planted himself next to her cage over the weekend and refused to move! :p

In relation to this topic: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/tam/viewtopic.php?t=15841…here’s Pebbles the first of the Rexes, now “Angel” because that’s exactly what she is bless her.. You can actually tell she’s quite lumpy if you look closely :(

Angel.jpg

And her skull is very prominent where she’s so thin… :(

AngelFront.jpg

Here’s Ginger, now “Smartie”… he didn’t like the flash at all!

Smartie.jpg

But he was still curious enough to come back out of his sleeping area to take a peek at what I was doing… I love this photo!!

Peekaboo.jpg

He is meant be going back to the farm once he’s seen my vet, to live with another Rex they still have there in a new pen being built in the children’s area. But NONE of them are leaving mine to go back or to Carol's until they're well enough to travel.

And this sexy lady is Rowan, now “Sasha”… LOOK AT THOSE EARS!!!!! :D

Sasha.jpg

They’re all really lovely bunnies.. just scared. It’s been a tough few days for them really.

I can safely say I've never EVER seen three rabbits eat as much as those Rexes have. I've been giving them unlimited amounts of food (1/2 Science selective and 1/2 of the cattle food they were on :shock: :evil: ), and small dog bowls of vegetables the last couple of nights, and it's ALL been gone the following day! The Timothy hay is going as soon as I put that in their hutches too!

A big thank you goes to Cathy for organising the rehoming of all those bunnies in need!

They'll all be coming indoors for a bit of a run around tonight to stetch those legs, so I'll try and get some better piccies then.

Sarah xx

They are gorgeous bunsters!

I love the piccie of Smartie too, looks like he's peering round and saying 'oooh helloooooo' love it! :lol:

I know!!! He gets really stressed out and bombs it round his hutch making all sorts of noises when I go up to him.. but if you stay there he soon calms down and curiousity takes over and he comes peering out again! :lol:

A nice run about indoors will do them good tonight, I'll just sit with some magazines or something and hopefully they'll become a bit more comfortable with me.

aawww im glad some of them are now being moved out into better homes. Hope they all get lovely homes soon and settle down to a life of love and lots of fun! Gorgeous photos of adorable bunnies!!!

No I bet they can't! Still, I think Carol is more excited! :lol: :D

I'm so excited for them because I know they're going to love it and have LOADS of friends to play with!

They really deserve it, esp. little Angel.

I'm hoping my daddy kinda forgets Ebony is upstairs in my room and the weeks turn into months and she's allowed to stay! :p

I think he's clocked tbh, he's not silly, but nothing's actually been said.

A great big thank you to Sarah and Cathy for rescuing all 4 buns!

When I heard about them, I couldn't resist giving them a forever home, with lots of new bunny friends to play with!

They've been cooked up in little cages for far too long! They look absolutely gorgeous on the photos Sarah! They're obviously getting used to you and enjoying a new way of life away from that nasty farm!

I know they are already being spoiled rotten with Sarah, so it's onwards and upwards for these lucky buns! Looking forward to meeting them when they are fit to travel!

Well done you two!

Carol xx

Well done Red its amazing the work you have done at the farm and rescuing those bun's - you should feel very proud of yourself!

I wish i could do the same but simply have no room and of course am not allowed, living in boyfriends flat i have to respect his wishes.

Alfie kennedy said:
am not allowed, living in boyfriends flat i have to respect his wishes.

Same goes for me living under my mum and dad's roof!! :roll: :(

Mum is easy to crack as she loves animals.. and dad acts all hard and like he doesn't care, but when he saw them, he said "just get them home!!" :D

Can't wait until I get my own place... my god it's going to be rammed!!!!!! :p

Back