• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More baby guinea pigs

sgprescue

Mama Doe
As many of you know I took in a large number of pregnant guinea pigs, so far 5 of them have given birth, here are some pics.

Born 2 1/2 weeks ago
DSCN1940.jpg

Mums and babies born last Sunday and Monday
DSCN2052.jpg

DSCN2055.jpg

Mum plus another pregnant female and babies born on Thursday
DSCN2051.jpg

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2047.jpg

Another litter born today
DSCN2086Correction.jpg

and lastly this pic especially to tease tracy as I know she likes abbys. He is a tri coloured satin abysinian :love:
DSCN2033.jpg

In total 18 born this week but 3 were born dead. There are still 6 sows to give birth yet.

Cheryl
Sprowston guinea pig rescue

Big litters! I thought 2/3 was the average, did I count four each? They're very cute :D

Tamsin said:
Big litters! I thought 2/3 was the average, did I count four each? They're very cute :D

The first was a litter of 3, then 6 (1 died), then 2, then 5(1 died), then another 5 (1 died). I nearly had a heart attack when one gave birth to 6, I was just hoping they all wouldnt have litters that big :shock:

Now that's just mean there's at least 3 out of that lot that I want. :)

Bless them I do love them they are so sweet. :love: :love: but your naughty posting these :no:

rngpwelfare said:
Now that's just mean there's at least 3 out of that lot that I want. :)

Bless them I do love them they are so sweet. :love: :love: but your naughty posting these :no:

Its a pitty the satin is a boy, he would have made a lovely addition to your gang ;) Considering he is inbred and satins are prone to OD anyway I may possibly keep him (possible new friend for Elvis ;) ) and the adult satin (the mum to the 3 ginger and white babies), that is unless I can persuade someone I know to have them :D

They are all absolutly adorable, although there is a lot of them I would rather have them than rabbit babies (soooo much more work :roll: ) I have 1 hutch empty in the spare room ready to seperate the males from the first litter when they are 3 weeks. I really cant take any more at the moment whilst I have these babies as I need all the cages space I can get.

Cheryl

That top baby is very, very like my first every piggy Sophie (rip). <3<3 Where's Sprowston again... :p

blimey you do have a heck of a lot of little piggies Cheryl!! Dont they grow up quickly!
How many guinea pigs and rabbits do you have in total at the moment?

Diddeen said:
blimey you do have a heck of a lot of little piggies Cheryl!! Dont they grow up quickly!
How many guinea pigs and rabbits do you have in total at the moment?

102 at the moment :shock:

Aaawwww sweet. Tracy, I could just see little 'Jupiter' settling in nicely.

The reason for Jupiter is herehttp://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_veg_diary/fruit_veg_mini_project_september_2_apple_jupiter.htm

Thanks that names the new male Cheryl brought me on Saturday. :D

That's an awful lot of piggies :shock: They are gorgeous though. Unfortunately the o/h has said no to more piggies. :cry:

rngpwelfare said:
Aaawwww sweet. Tracy, I could just see little 'Jupiter' settling in nicely.

The reason for Jupiter is herehttp://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_veg_diary/fruit_veg_mini_project_september_2_apple_jupiter.htm

Thanks that names the new male Cheryl brought me on Saturday. :D

Ohhh that really suits him :D

Back