• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

megazorb/carefresh for litter trays

vanessa

Warren Scout
does anyone use megazorb or carefresh for litter trays, are they very dusty and do bits of it end up all over the house like sawdust does? I am thinking of changing to one of these as I use Bio Catolet cat litter at the moment and its quite expensive, but not if they're very messy.

I use both though prefer carefresh and bigger and Jacob less likely to eat it. It is brilliant, lots lighter to carry home and very clean. I do have bits elsewhere but Jacob is quite messy. It is easier to pick up than other things though as bigger pieces. I would certainly give it a try, I am so pleased with it, less smelly too and better for environment that the litter which isn't great for rabbits. The other thing is that when Jacob used cat litter, until I found a place to put Tom's tray that he couldn't reach, he used to slip alot in it. He really badly sprained his leg once slipping on the litter when leaping out of tray and it took months to get fully better. Evn now I have to use a low tray for him and he won't let anyone touch his back feet, one of which was hurt. Do try them, worth giving a go.

I use megazorb and yes it gets everywhere but I'm resigned to the fact that I'm not allowed a home without bits all over the floor.
It's good stuff though and even buying it online like I do (where it's more expensive than if you get it from a local supplier) it still works out cheaper than the carefresh I used to use.

:oops: :oops: :oops: this may sound daft, but I've been meaning to ask for ages! Is Megazorb the same as Carefresh? Only I use Carefresh with wooden pellet litter sprinkled on top (Carefresh looks a bit ugly left bare like that!! and it stops it catching on Tre's coat). But I can only get Carefresh in little packs and it's dead expensive when you're cleaning out two large litter trays a coupla times a week. :roll:

If it's the same, is it cheaper? and can I get it in bulk? - online maybe? :?

I use megazorb.it isnt to messy.you can shake it off bedding etc,its brilliant stuff i only clean out litter trays once a day now,and do a whole clean weekly
yes its much cheaper than carefresh i get a huge sack from a local farm shop for £4.50

I use megazorb - it's really good and absorbent - tried carefresh but it cost a bomb as it needed to be so deep with it being chunky.

I do cough like I smoke 40 a day since I got animals though - not sure if it's the hay dust as I'm in the middle of that more than megazorb dust - hold your breath!

Back