• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

hi everyone,need some advice !!!!!!!!!

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
im doing rabbit rescue in my area (eastbourne) i had an urgent call on thursday from a lady saying if i couldnt take in six bunnies the owner was going to end their lives ,i went straight there and picked them up,I SUPPOSEDLY HAD 4 females living together but when i checked i had in fact got 3females and 1 male so i am assuming they are all pregnant if IF I LEAVE THE FEMALES TOGETHER WILL THEY KILL EACH OTHERS BABIES, ALSO ,ALL BUNNIES ARE CLOSELY RELATED SO DOES THAT MEAN IM GOING TO HAVE DEFORMED BABIES CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO COS IVE NEVER HAD PREGNANT BUNNIES BEFORE !!!!!

Hello :wave:

I have no advice for you at all about preg bunsters but if you post in the Rabbit Care bit you'll probably get lots of help[

Might be worth getting them checked out at the vets and see if they are pregnant or not or if they can be spayed anyway. Any idea of ages of them?

Its not likly that they will be deformed, touch wood.Closely related rabbits can produce good offspring. As for keeping all the girls together ive only ever kept two together that had babys. Because they got on so well they were ok. Its not ideal though and if you can split them you should. If space is very short then two i would say is the limit. Of course this dos depend on the size of the cage. If you can get them to the vet they might be able to tell you how near they are to there time. If you knew when they were put together then you could decide to terminate the pregnancys. This i would only do if it was very early on. val :(

eastbourne pregnant bunnies

thank you for the advice ive managed to get hold of a few more hutches so i will split them it seems a real shame as they seem so close i cant believe there are so many unwanted bunnies out i currently have 27 bunnies and 6 guinea pigs and 2 little boys aged 2 and 4 so as u can imagine its hard work lookng after so many!!!!!

Take a word of advise, pace yourself when you start doing rescue its too easy to get over loaded you have to know when to say no. There will always be rabbits to take in. val :D

/

taylor v 109 said:
Take a word of advise, pace yourself when you start doing rescue its too easy to get over loaded you have to know when to say no. There will always be rabbits to take in. val :D

I agree..when I started I set myself a limit of no more than 15 rescue animals...you have to be able to have the time and finances to care for them properly...as you'll find out your costs will rocket with neutering and vacs bills...so think carefully about how many you take on :D

i understand what your'e saying as i have found out before i knew it it spiraled out of control, i am not taking in anymore untill i find homes for vthe bunnies i have got, ive put adverts in all the vets in my area so hopefully i may get a few homes that way but financially it is crippling but we are trying to vacc, and neauter who we can unfortunately it looks like the three pregnant females are to far gone to spay,luckily the my vets are brilliant and are giving me a discount which is a help

Back