• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good rabbit vet nr Royston (Herts/Cambs/Essex)

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
Hello all! My friend at a rescue near Royston said today that her vet is leaving very soon (going to work at the rabbit clinic at Bristol!) so she needs to find a new vet. She is willing to travel for the right one, so can anyone who lives in that vicinity suggest anyone? Please pm me if you would rather not put details here. Thanks :D

need a new vet

Hi alisonA :) you could try guy carter at medivet in watford, herts. he,s probably one of the best bunny vets around also very expensive so make sure you have insurance first. :) :wink:

Thanks Rabshan - I've heard of him he's supposed to be very good, but I think it's probably a bit far for most things (Royston is on the top right of Herts and Watford is down the bottom left) probably a good hour and a half away I would have thought :cry: It's for a rescue so she has about 40 bunnies at any time, so sadly insurance is out the window too :shock:

Hi AllisonA

We got our buns from Heathlands Animal Sanctury at Royston. The lady who runs it - Gillian, is very helpful, I'm sure if you called her she might be able to suggest a vet. There is also another rescue near Royston (I can't remeber the name but if you do a search for rabbits in Hertfordshire there are quite a few which could give you contact details), you could ask them for vet recommendations.

Melanie

I used to live in St Neots, which by multimap looks to be about 15k away. The vets I went to - Done and Stevens - in Cambridge Street) were absolutely brilliant, I thought.

Companion Care in Cambridge are good, very helpful with all my creatures, 01223 234535, is it sad that I know their number.... hehe

I go to Goddards in South Woodford (Dominique) she is fantastic!!!! Been my vet for 15 years, Rabbits are 'her thing'

Just 15 min down the M11 from Harlow....

Back