• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pregnant bunny

bunny26

New Kit
Help! I have two bunnies, a doe and a buck . I was a bit slow dicovering his sex but at 16 weeks old had him neutered,i was just about to get the doe done but noticed strange behaviour.She now does an impression of a guinea pig when you go near her.Suspecting she was pregant I have delayed getting her spayed,now she's pulling out fur a definate sign i think.what i want to know is how long has she got approximately,just from this sign?

no idea :shock: if its fantom she could be about 17 days gone (gestation is around 30 days (between 28 and 32) when were they last together?

i would take her to the vets and se what they say they may still be able to spay her in time!

The chances are that your doe wont be pregnant. They normaly only pull fur when there ready to give birth. This would mean she has carried for a month, this would only make her far to young to get pregnant. val

taylor v 109 said:
The chances are that your doe wont be pregnant. They normaly only pull fur when there ready to give birth. This would mean she has carried for a month, this would only make her far to young to get pregnant. val

mine pulled fur and made a nest two weeks before she gave birth!

mine was an accidental litter i didnt know for two weeks thats when her behavior changed it may be different for each rabbit but it sounds like she is a couple of weeks or if its phantom near the end i would think? dont take that as gospel thou xxx

its nigh on impossible to tell if a bun is pregnant without putting her back in with a male - if she accepts him she's not... but thats not really a good idea. :lol: , every bun shows different signs of pregnancy some show none, some pull out fur and build a nest almost immediatly, some leave it till after the babies are born and build it around them.

a vet can still spey her if she is prenant so if you don't want babies, i'd get her done to be safe.

Back