• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what's a good size of carrier?

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I was looking today and realised I don't know how big a carrier needs to be, my buns will be probably small to medium sized and will both go in the same carrier. Also, whats a good price for one??

Do you have Wilkinsons in Scotland? They sell the savic trotter carriers really cheap - in 3 sizes - the biggest is only about £12. They are good carriers - easy to snap together and when you go to the vets, they just lift off the top to get at the bunny, rather than having to drag the poor thing out of the door.

I'm not sure if they're here or not but I live in the North Isles and they're def not here! There was one in one of the pet shops but I think its maybe too small. I can always buy on line but I need dimensions that are suitable if you can please :D

Off the top of my head, as they're down the garden in the shed, and I'm bone idle - I'd say the big one is about 60cms long by about 45cms wide - I think 2 small bunnies would fit in that - You have to be able to carry the thing though - they aren't half heavy :shock:

I guess mine is abit smaller, about a foot wide and 18" long? They don't need too much room otherwise they slide around but enough room to sit side by side without being on top of each other. An average size cat carier would fit two small bunnies.

Tam

That sounds good. I've seen one in one of the shops here thats very nice for £16. I'll have a look at www.animalmad.ltd.uk and compare prices after p&p and make my decision based on that. Thanks for all the advice. I'd be lost without this site! :D

Aw i like Animal Mad the bloke is super he's done me some really good deals in the past when I've been buying from him in person. He usually wears a cool waistcoat :lol:

I like a carrier to be as small as possible whilst allowing the rabbit to turn around and lie down - you definitely don't want them standing up in their carrier! Like Tam said, it's best that they can't slide around!

Back