• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering Harriet.........

Lizzie

Mama Doe
So many lovely people have said that they will light a candle tonight for Harriet. Thank you all. It was on the 28th January 2005 that you finally wagged your beautiful tail for the last time when Jason came into the room to help you peacefully along on your journey to the Rainbow Bridge with a tummy full of Schmakos cos they were the only thing I could find in my confusion when we had made that dreaded decision. :cry: There we were waiting in that room, you, me, Larry and Rachel, not to forget Lottie who frankly looked a bit bored didn't she? Kept turning her back on us all. Rachel went out to ask for some water for you and you lapped it up. You were on your tartan bed and I held you gently and very quickly and peacefully you drifted away. Afterwards, it was difficult to tear myself away from your beautiful body but you weren't there any more were you, your light had gone somewhere else. I am so sorry that the horrid evil cancer got you, I wish it could have been different but you are whole again now.

You were my little rock, you were always there for me - when the ex thingy went off I really don't know what I would have done without you, you gave me so much comfort and you had a better life after he went anyway....you were five years old and suddenly you were allowed to do all sorts of things that you were never allowed to do before, like going upstairs and sleeping in the bedroom with me until that very last time on the 27th January, we knew it was going to be the last time didn't we? :cry: We would go for long walks on our own and I felt safe cos you were there with me: do you remember that time when we walked along the Severn on a winter's afternoon and had to turn back cos of the floods....ending up getting back to the car in the dark....that was a bit scary but you were there for me as you always were. You were there for Mum and me when Grandad went to the Bridge - he loved you so much, he would have let you do anything, when we visited you would sit on the sofa with him and watch the television......

We had some wonderful times you and me......I will always love you and treasure your memory until we meet again my special girl.....there will never ever be another like you.....run free on those four legs my sweet angel and have fun with all the other Bridge Babies .....Baillie, Zak, Scootie-chops (watch him!!! :wink: ), Cheekybun, Charlie (mind your legs!!!! :shock: ) to name but just a few.........

And here is the beautiful drawinig which Karen Scott did of Harriet, isn't she clever, she has done Harriet proud! :D

HarrietKS0106.jpg

I really hope that everyone will add their own messages to this thread for their own little ones who have gone to the Bridge and we will remember them all and light the candles tonight. :)

Oh Bizzie
What a lovely tribute,that picture is beautifull
Will light a candel tonight
and think of my bridge babies,william cant belive its nearly 2 years since he went to the bridge
And rosie piggie will be a year in april since she left i still miss them they were both very special :(

A lovely, lovely tribute Lizzie to obviously a very special little lady :)

That is a stunning drawing of Harriet.

I shall light a candle tonight - for all the little ones who have gone to the Bridge too.

A special message to my Sammydog - I love you sweetheart and I know you are waiting for mexx

aawwww! what a lovely tribute! you've started me crying now :cry: our little ones are so very precious, saying goodbye is so hard :(
I will light a candle for harriet too, and for all the pets who have left us. May they see our light and know how much we still love them. May we feel close to them once more. xx

There will be candles lit here, for Harriet, for everyone else lost and for all my little angels :cry:

awwwwww lizzyn thinking of you today may be we can light that candle for pheebee to she went to thebridge today

Lizzie I am in tears here on reading your beautiful tribute to dear Harriet.
A year may have passed, but Harriets memory has not diminished, and will remain brightly with you forever.
Harriets portrait is stunning, but she was a stunning subject and Karen has captured her essence remarkably well.

Big hugs on this special Day , thinking of you
Adele, David and bunnies

:cry: oh lizzie , i,ve been thinking about you all day , i assure you that I will light a candle for her tonight . I actually went and got a new beautiful bright yellow candle for tonight and i,ll be thinking of you and harriet and of couse my darling cheekybun , my darling chico , my last dog monty , charlie , scoot , baillie etc , there are just too many to mention but i,m sure that all out babies are together , i,m positive that they are all waiting for us and hopefully tonight when we all light those candles - the gateway between heaven and earth will be wide open for just a split second so that we can feel so close to our angels again . I,m sure that their will be many a tail wagging and noses twitching tonight as they all look down on us and know that they are still as loved as they always have been . I like to think that they are with my family who have passed and they are still being cared for in the same way as they were here . xx
beautiful harriet - we are all here for your mummy and rest assured she loves you more than you might ever know , you are still her little girl . xx

Dear Fizzie i have my candle burning now as we are out tonight and i wanted to let Harriet and all the gorgeous bridge babies know that we are thinking of them today and always.

What a gorgeous tribute to your girly she will be very proud and telling Scoot all about her fantastic mummy :D Big hugs to you Fizzie xxxxxxxxxxx

This part of the forum always breaks my heart and I don't really post as I never know quite what to say but I'll take this chance to say to all who have lost their precious pets how sorry I am and how I admire you all for the love you give your pets.When I read this post it brought tears to my eyes,she was such a beauty and obviously so well loved.I will light my candle tonight and think of you.Sending love and best wishes

Lizzie Harriets portrait shows her gentleness aswell as her beauty!! I lost my Border Collie-X on 28th September 1998. She was nearly 16 and had shared some of my darkest hours. I am sure Harriet will have met up with Gemma at The Bridge. Gemma was always a bit of a hooligan so I hope Harriet will keep her out of TOO much trouble :roll: :roll: Harriet will also have to be quick when food is about. Gemma's motto was always see-food-eat-it!! :roll: :roll: Dont bother chewing, wastes too much time :shock: :roll: :roll: I have hundreds of piccies of Gemma but am going to see if I can get a portrait done of her having seen how lovely Harriet's portrait is. Hope you two doggies are having lots of fun at The Bridge. Gemma's brain fully healed as are Harriets legs. I shall now light the candle and raise a glass of wine TO HARRIET and GEMMA. Jane and Buns xx

Aaaaaaw, thanks everyone, this is really so lovely....I have a bottle of fizz chilling and I will drink to Harriet and Charlie and to all our special little ones who have passed on and are waiting for us at the Bridge.....of course, there are some of them :wink: well one of them :wink: who is still.....erm....hanging around a bit, eh? :lol:

Dear Lizzie, my heart is full reading your wonderful tribute. I know how hard you tried to do everything in your power to keep your beautiful Harriet with you for that bit longer and how we all felt for you. But just think what wonderful memories you have of her and her so sweet face.

Harrietinsunlight.jpg

candle_burning_with_leaves_lg_blk.gif

Love from

Aaaaaaw, bless you as ever, Marlene :cry: You gave me so much support when she was ill and I will never ever forget it!!! :wink:

Hey! Shark and Mel, I thought you were supposed to be going out!!!! Get on with it will you!!!!!! :roll:

Hi Lizzie, hi Harriet,

I never knew you but I know how special you were and much loved by your mum. The picture by Karen is outstanding, you look such a wise girlie, and so gentle too, I am sure we would have been good friends.

I am thinking of your mum now and sending her happy thoughts, if she has drunk all that fizz she'll be pretty jolly anyway!

Enjoy your peace and love at the bridge, give a special little love to my dear departed, too numerous and heart breaking to mention, but never forgotten and loved each and every one.

Sorry, must dash, I am crying like a real twit now :oops: :oops: .

Hey, Lizzie, any of that fizz left? We'll forget the stale sponge on Thursday and just go for alcohol :lol: :lol:

love Alice xx

Auntie Lizzie our candle has been burning bright here tonight for Harriet and Charlie and all the bunnies that have crossed the bridge.

And mine have burned for you too sweetheart, I know you are ever watchful of us all and especially your precious Mum and Dad. I will always keep your spot warm! :wink:

Back