• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food and water, how many bowls/bottles?

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I am getting impatient now, need Dad to get my hutch done! I am going to try and give myself a bit of satisfaction by buying food bowls, bottles etc. I am getting 2 buns so can you tell me how many bowls and bottles I need? One each?? :? :D

:D My two live indoors, they have a bowl each (as they will bicker if there isn't enough room for both heads in one bowl!! :roll: ) They only have one water bottle between them as they never go to use it at the same time and they get lots of veg so don't drink an awful lot of water (as they get lots of water from the fresh veg!!) They also have 2 litter trays so that they can each sit in one as this is where their hay is for them to munch on. - although they can both fit into one tray!? :shock:

All their boxes/hidey holes are either duplicated or big enough for 2 buns too!! Same for their toys, enough to go around, although I let them both squabble over their treat ball, as Travis usually just lets Treacle roll it and follows her around "hoovering" up the bits she misses!!!

Their pet carrier is big enough for both of them as they go everywhere together, they have one snugglesafe heat pad between the two of them too. I use this if one is poorly or for putting in their carrier when they go to the vets as they are indoor buns they feel the cold this time of year!!

Have fun bunny shopping!!!!

Are you having bowls for water as well as food? Mine prefer water bowls and I have a bowl in there and one of these
http://www.pets24.co.uk/main.php?An...tNr=14102&Suchstring=&Ebene1=&Ebene2=&Ebene3=

They only have one food bowl though, and I put half their pellets in that and half in the treat ball. There greens and veg get mostly hidden in plant pots, under hay or forage. They love chucking them around and emptying them!
Hope that helps!

Are they having litter trays as well?

Mine have one regular size rabbit bowl and the large size water bottle, this suits them fine :)

like what KerinTravis said, although I use water bowls rather than bottles, except for Tia, who preferred a bottle when given both.

My have a treatball & a bottle. Well technically they have a bowl but I don't think it counts as I never put anything in it :lol:

Each of my pairs has a food bowl, a water bottle and a water bowl (I sometimes wonder why I bother with the water bowl, they seem to think its only purpose is for standing in and then wondering why their feet are cold and wet :roll: )

My bunnys that are in the large double joined hutches get a bowl on both floors and a bottle on both floors,the small hutches get 1 bowl and 1 bottle :D

I use one bowl and one bottle. They keep wanting to drink at the same time though, Bella will be drinking and then Marlon will come along and prop himself up with his front paws on her head so he can drink instead.
It's very funny to watch and I really should take a picture of it.

the happy bee said:
It's very funny to watch and I really should take a picture of it.

I agree! You should and you must! Sit there all day tomorrow if you have to - we need to see this. (no pressure, Bee :wink: )

They usually have a long drink after breakfast so I'll charge my camera batteries over night and try and get some pictures in the morning.

I already have a couple of nice Bella pictures to post but I took them with my APS camera so I need to excavate the scanner from under the junk on my desk before I can scan them in and get them online.

Back