• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny wind !!!

Melndan

Mama Doe
Last night, Smudge was chillin' (for a change :lol: ) and I was giving him some fuss and stroking his tum. When I stopped, I could feel movement in his belly. It felt a bit like when a baby moves in a tum. I put my ear to his belly and could hear loads of pops and gurgles.

My silly question is, and you probably think I am a dweeb for asking, (I do) but do buns pass wind? :oops: Or if it's stuck in there will it cause him any problems. I don't want him to be uncomfortable in any way although it didn't seem to bother him at all.

( Boy do I feel silly now for asking that!!!!)

i believe from comments on here that they do but also that the stomach sounds are a good thing - if the stomach is silent thats when theres a problem

quinn stinks sometimes when i pick him up but i never know if its wind or hes just been to the loo lol

The dogs just as bad and he even walks up to you after dinner and burps louder than a human!

Silent tummy = bad
Very noisy tummy = bad
Few little gurgles = (imo) good

You will soon be able to tell if bunny is uncomfortable from wind. They will go off their food, teeth grind and generally look uncomforatble. Infacol is a good first treatment if you suspect wind (but not if bun is seriously ill).

Thanks for that.

My mind is now at rest. It's amazing the things I have learnt on here. :lol:

Loopylop, that thread was funny!!! :lol: :lol:

After answering this thread, Evo had quite a bad case of wind last night. A couple of other things I noticed, was his tummy was very full of gas and felt squidgy, not fairly taught like normal. He also kept pushing his bum into the floor to get rid of his tummy ache. A good few tummy rubs and a couple of doses of infacol seemed to fix him, thank god.....I was thinking emergency vet until about 10 last night. :?

Back