• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Berties off his food??

My Bertie is off his food and has been for a few days hes eating very little iv brought him in for a while and in him self hes fine,he wont even eat his greens and that must be bad as its his favourite???any ideas what could be wrong??his poos are normal and iv checked him over and he looks fine??? :(

Sorry, but a bun who has been off his/her food for more than 12 hours MUST be seen by the Vet. If Bertie were my Bun I would get him to the Vets this afternoon. It is good that he is still pooping and seems OK BUT if he is not eating his guts will be slowing down and he will develop stasis. A VERY SERIOUS CONDITION.The fact that he is not eating but is bright in himself may indicate a dental problem. The sooner you get him Veterinary care the better the prognosis. Please let us know how you get on. Jane and Buns xx

Hes started eating his carrots and greens do you think bunnys can get depressed??Iv brought him in doors and hes eating,hs been away from his brother for over 2 months and i think he may miss him,although its not a option for the pair to be back in together again.Any ideas why hes gone all quiet he tends to sit in the hutch and dont do much???he goes in his run every day and will have a little run about but im worried how quiet hes been??Almost withdrawn

what Jane said! They don't just drop dead with stasis - it comes on very slowly - they eat less, they poo less, their guts fill up with wind, they eat even less etc - till it's at crisis point because it starts hurting and then they go downhill very fast - Don't leave it till crisis point when it's easily treatable in the early stages!

Sounds to me like his teeth may be hurting him - he needs a vet ASAP.

Back