• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help please

I know this is a topic which comes up alot but i will ask again :oops: :oops:
My friend got 2 rabbits from a very well known petshop before i knew her that well i must add and now one of them is getting fat and pulling fur out, they were sold two females :shock: :shock: They have asked if we could pop round and have a look but to be honest i have no idea what to look for or feel for, would it be very obvious she is pregnant :?: She is eating, pooping and drinking well and very well in herself :? :? :?
My thoughts were if she has had them a while and there was one of each the female would have already been pregnant alongtime ago, not sure on ages but she has certainly had them since December when we formed a friendship due to my sister :cry: :cry:

shell pending on what age she is she might not of taken!

the only way of knowing is feeling her belly high near her rib cage and push softly if you can feel marbles then yes, if not she may not be that far gone. other than that take her to the vets or wait no more than 32 days!

Eve x

If they were babies when they got them... 8 weeks ish then. It could be a couple of months before they are both fertile and then a months pregnancy...

I would think the easiest thing rather than trying to work out whether the fur plucker is female would be to check the other for testicles. They should be fairly obvious is he's over four months :oops:

If you've not had an unneutered lad before then you need to look right at the base of the tail. Just where the tummy and the tail base meet are the bits and theyre should be a testicle each side. Pink, furless and look quite like peanuts in their shells ;)

Tam

Back