• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Who are you insured with, need a good insurance company

pugsley

Young Bun
Hi I need to get insurance for my rabbits I have four, I'm a full time uni student but cannot get PDSA help as one I already have three pets registered with them and two, I might soon not be able to qulaify at all for this help as will receive no benefit.

So I need to find a cheap insurer that is still a good insurer and pay by installments with a low excess hopefully.

i have quinn insured with petplan the only place i could really find that do rabbit insurance, need to get rosie insured now too

Petplan is good, Princess was £60 for the year (with a couple of discounts tho :D ). I think Vet2Pet also do rabbit insurance and I think a place called Exotic Direct??

I was advised to try Exotic Direct, I was quoted (very rough quote I think, just needed to know I 'had' 2 rabbits, (I don't yet) and was quoted about £164 ish for the 2. Not sure if thats good or not??

Our 2 are insured with Exotic something or other and our premium is about £13 per month. The excess was much lower than petplan and also I think you need to take a out separate policies for each animal with petplan, exotic were much cheaper for us...havent had to use them yet though although that will probably change on Monday (Albert's got to go to the vets).

I have a bunny account - I pay in there about £20 a month and if and when he needs any vets bills, it comes from there. So far ive always been in profit.

I am insured with petplan they also give you a multi pet discount. I have a claim going through at the moment for the loss of one of my Giants and they have been really good. Their excess is £45.

I too am insured with petplan as I have heard so many good things about them! Sophie is about £60 a year.

both our bunnies are with petplan and they have been brilliant, they even paid out for dental work because it was what was causing Ferns eye problem! :D

My two don't have insurance, mainly as Travis has a lot of dental problems and most insurance wont cover this, so I also use the idea of paying a little into a bunnie bank account each month. That way I never lose out and the money can go towards their vaccinations and some prescrition food too :D :idea:

Back