• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

nail clippers?

I have the scissor type clip n trim ones that superpet make but i havent actually used them yet - i wouldnt use the guiliotine type on a bunny as i dont think you would be able to see what you are cutting properly

I have a lovely pair of little scissors with a notch cut out that trim claws beautifully. They are easy to use and can be tilted so the angle of the cut is right. Guilotine ones are too risky in my opinion, and human nail clippers don't always open far enough, plus the angle isn't right. They were only £2.44. Next time I go and buy feed - should be this afternoon, I'll look to see who makes them.

This is probably not very helpful. I have 2 different types, depending on the rabbit and the position I can get them in depends on which ones I use, I use whichever ones I feel more comfortable using. Generally I like the guinllotine ones for the piggies who dont struggle or for ones with light coloured claws and the scissor type for the strugglers or for the more difficult ones to cut.

When you are buying them do try them out first as the handles on some can make a difference between how easy and comfotable they are to use.

Janice

Thanks guys......have just bought the pair off ebay, i will give them a try and let you know how i get on. :D I think your right Janice and will probably need more than one type so i will take your advice as well. Thankyou........ :D

Back