• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED SLEEP.................

Mizzmarni

Young Bun
ok i am totally in love with my bunny but he keeps me awake..

1) how do i stop him chewing the bars?? (we where told when we had our puppies to put a little chilli paste on the wood they where chewing and that soon stopped them!! our house was being ruined!)

2) bunny freak out!!?!?!?!?!? why do they do this.. about 7.30am every morning chompy has a freak out and jumps around..

Please helpe me, i need ideas to stop this?? I need my sleep..

Love you all

Mizzmarni
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ah the joys of House bunny's! I have no idea, Oakley is free range and i just sleep through her now. i tried the Chillie paste thing but Oakley quite liked it and wanted more! Im sure someone will be able to help you soon though!

I wouldn't put chilli paste on the bars - might upset his tum as he's just a baby. I rub a dry bar of soap where my animals chew, and just the smell puts them off - only lasts a day or 2 though!

As for wanting to get up at 7.30am - well...erm...I've already been up a while then - he probs just wants breakfast like everyone else - The birds singing, the sun coming up - all that stuff must get him excited at a new day :)

If you give him a big box of hay, maybe he'll sit and eat it - or maybe that's just older bunnies - Maa starts munching about 6am and she's happy with that till I get up.

I have no idea how to help sorry but i can sympathise Rosie lives inside and doesnt do it, Quinn was in for a bit and doesnt do it but when we looked after my friends rabbit for a week she was a nightmare i couldnt wait until she left so i could get some sleep - we had her hamster with a squeaky wheel too whereas mine have silent ones, by the t ime they went i was nearly tearing my hair out

Mizzmarni said:
1) how do i stop him chewing the bars?? (we where told when we had our puppies to put a little chilli paste on the wood they where chewing and that soon stopped them!! our house was being ruined!)

2) bunny freak out!!?!?!?!?!? why do they do this.. about 7.30am every morning chompy has a freak out and jumps around..

It sounds to me like he needs more to do :) Try cable tying some wood battons over the bars in his favourite places (apple or willow is good). Chewing repeatitively on the bars is a sign of boredom and the 'freakout' his him being full of energy and wanting to stretch his legs.

Bunnies are most active in evenings/early mornings and it sounds like this is when he's shut in?

If you make sure he gets atleast 3-4 hours exercise per day and has plenty of toys you should find he improves :)

With puppies, chewing is because they're teething :)

Tam

Storm and Gypsy are house buns who are never caged, so have lots of excersise. They have loads of toys and things to chew plus each other to play with, but Storm's favorite thing to do in the early hours is to run at high speed around my room, throw hit toys around to make as much noise as possible, tip the bin over and throw it all over the room, dig up the carpit or chase Gypsy when she really is not in the mood :shock: I know this doesn't help you, but he makes soooooo much noise! I know just how you feel!. I think he's just at " that age," :roll: storm is just over 5 months, how old is you bunny? Gypsy is nearly 2 and has calmed down a lot.

7.30 how sociable if him :D Tilly wakes us up anytime from 3.30 onwards with a variety of things, bar chewing, paper ripping, ball rolling, wall scratching :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just a little update,

Chompy is my alarm clock! It was 7.30 on the dot this morning, i though about all the things everyone said and felt bad leaving the cue little guy in there.. so i got up and let him out and went to sleep on the floor!! Actually i could not sleep and i had to keep an eye on him but he was very hqappy.

He had a run around for half an hour and i put him back ,he still wanted to get out after that for a but but i gave him some hay and after a while he was fine. It is my responsiblity now he is in my room that if he wants me at 7.30am then i should be there for him...

Thanks guys

Mizzmarni
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sounds great :D

When the clocks go forward in Spring, you'll get a lie in maybe? Or will the birds just wake him up earlier? :roll:

Back