• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high does a fence need to be?

Hawarden

Warren Scout
Can anyone advise on what would be the best height for a wire fence to separate our 2 bunnies (male and female) while we're waiting to get them nuetured/spayed? The fence would be inside the run, as they are already bonded we'd like them to see each other and get as close as possible! The run is 1.8m high, but surely the seprating fence doesn't need to go that high?! :roll:

If your boy isn't neuterde you will need to make the fence as high as the run. I had a boy bunny once who scaled an 8ft wall to get to the females on the other side!

Yep, I've seen rabbits climb mesh as if it were a ladder! If you had guineas I would say that 18" is loads but buns are much better at jumping! :lol:

If it is mesh you are thinking of using I will second that - Cosmos found four foot mesh no problem and that was the day after his neuter (thank goodness Violet was already spayed).

They are amazing climbers when they want to be - my first rabbit Fudge climed 6ft up a fir tree and had to be got down with a step ladder :shock: !

Caz

I would have said 4ft was high enough, that is what I use between runs. If you leave a bit of slack in it it will make climbing impossible, or really really difficult anyway :wink: My lot are hoodinis, but haven't gone over as yet - except Isa when I was daft enough to put a hutch next to the fence :roll: They have gone through it and under it though :roll:

Back