• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Taking Buns to get myxi jabs

Im taking two of my buns today for there myxi jabs :shock: ,Hope it doesnt hurt them too much,I was told because where im living is not a high risk area once a year jab will be ok,im just a bit worried that it will hurt them and they will get stressed,bless em :( i need to get the other 2 bunnys there too but because they cant be put in the same carrier I have to do that in two seperate trips as i dont drive!!! :roll: what a pain!!Will let you know how they get on :)

It doesn't seem to hurt them at all. Bobby and Ruby were perfect little angels at the vets when I took them in October. RUby had never had one before, but she was fine.
Good luck.

Hi
None that I have ever taken seem to feel it, so try not to worry!

As for getting them jabbed once a year - the manufacturers of the vaccine have told us that it is only effective for eight months. This means that for four months of the year your bunnies won't be protected. Just because you are in a low risk area doesn't mean that there can't be an outbreak - and it could be during those four unprotected months. If I was you I would get them vaccinated every eight months. x

Neither of mine felt it - Rosie was very jumpy at the vets but shes a shy little baby in fact the only time she sat still was while having the jab lol

My two were fine, which really surprised me!. I expected Gypsy to be a little madam, I even told the vet that she may wriggle, but she was perfect :D ( made me look silly!) Storm didn't seem to notice his jab!.
Your bunnies will be fine, I worry when taking my bunnies to the vet too, no matter what they go in for. Usually we are more worried than they are :lol:

Ok 8 months it is! :D
They never even flinched they were very good I thought id have problems as Floppy is very nervous of strangers and Poppy likes to bite but no they were angels :D

Back