• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Muffin and Monty

Beebop

Warren Veteran
These are my old hammies, Muffin was a sable banded, a very outgoing girl and my first ever hamster. Monty is the long haired golden boy.

Muffin was pts on 16/10/04 at over 2 years old due to a womb infection (it wouldn't clear up with antibiotics, rarely does in hamsters) and as she was too old for surgery. :cry:

Monty was pts just 10 days after Muffin, due to Cushing's Disease- a tumour had developed and again he was too frail for sugery. He was less than 2 years old. :cry:

Picture.jpg

Thanks.

I was devastated at losing them, especially so close together. They were fantastic pets, and not the sterotypical nippy vermin so many people classify hamsters as.

We've just lost our Syrian Hamster, Gismo. He was three, I think, and blind. He died this morning. That's scuppered everyone's easy option for sexing a rodent (he's an animal college pet) because he was the only handleable rodent we have. They are probably going to have to try and catch one of the nippy fancy mice now :)

RIP Muffin + Monty

Daisy was my first hamster, she was sable-banded (i think) her markings were similar to Muffins and she died in october last year two days short of her second birthday. I think her little back legs became paralysed as she could not move properly and died two days after seeing the vet.
I have Honey Hamster left who will be two in May and I am hoping to get another Hamster soon, I think they are so cute I just love their little faces.

RIP Daisy,Muffin, Monty and Gizmo.

sorry for all your losses :( cute pictures of the hammies. I know what it's like to loose pets so close together. 2 of my rats died within days of each other last year :( shadow didn't even look sick and just suddenly went to sleep in my hand :shock:

Back