• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My fluffy flumps!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
:lol: havent posted any pic of them for a while, they were playing out in the garden today and their coats looked so lovely and fluffy I had to take some pics! :lol:

Toffee
jan06035.jpg

Caramel on the left Toffee on the right :D Can anyone identify what this bush is and whether it's ok for bunnies cause they seem to like it? :?
jan06037.jpg

Just in case you were wondering can tell cause Toffee's got a lighter bum! :lol:
jan06038.jpg

jan06039.jpg

jan06040.jpg

Actually can't remember which one this is :? Thought it was caramel but seems to have Toffee's colouring on the nose! :?
jan06041.jpg

Awww lovely fluffies. It's hard to say from those photos, but the bush looks a bit like a variety of privet to me, if it is, privet is poisonous :? I can't be sure from the pictures though, so I'd suggest googling it for some good pictures and seeing how it compares to yours - there are lots of different types of privet though so it might take a while to find.

I thought it looked like privet too :? Def poisonous if it is :(
But by the looks of it it can't be as it looks well eaten :wink:
Maybe it is some kind of Hebe. Mine love eating hebes :roll: So much so that they are all dead except bush that has one clump of leaves that they can't reach :?

Aaaah yes now you mention it, it does look more like a hebe. That would also explain why the buns have demolished it, I have several twigs in my garden that used to be glorious hebes :lol:

Great piccies!! :D :D Are you sending all the groomed out fluff to Cazza269?? She has started to learn the art of spinning!! I am collecting Angora Maggies fluff to post off to her!! Jane and Buns xx

Yes I'm going to send the fluff off! They'll be in for a good cut when the weather warms up a bit :D

Their coats are suprisingly quite easy to maintain, though I never let them out when its wet!!! I only need to brush them once a week and thoroughly once a fortnight! Though i think they're french angoras because they're big girls (3.95kg without the coat! :shock: )and i read somewhere that their fur was the easiest of the Angoras to manage. I can't understand how they could have got into the state they were in when i rescued them! :? :(

Thanks for the info on the bush I'll google privet and Hebe in a min, there haven't been any bad tummies though so prob a hebe :D

aaawww wow they both look fantastic!! Cant believe the difference from the day you collected them! Well done getting their coats looking so soft and fluffy.. they certainly seem to be enjoying themselves with you.

:love: :love: :love: they are soooooooooo gorgeous :shock: I love fluffy bunsters :D but never had one :( Gypsy has a fluffy head if that counts :lol: probably easier to groom!.

They are soooooooooooooo adorable!!! And very fluffy too!!! :love:
What lucky buns you've got there!! Just be careful with the plants!

xxx

oh they are the flumps! :D

I think the bush is euonymous fortunei - which isn't poisonous - but I wouldn't like to say for sure - why not take a sprig to a garden centre and ask them?

Aww wow! They're adorable! Those piccies really made me laugh bless them.. look like little cotton wool balls! :love:

Back